ForumsNews and Feedback[Official] Disqus Comments

220 145977
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Greetings all!

We're going to be moving all our game comments, profile comments, MMO comments and editorial comments over to Disqus as early as this Friday. Because of this, I wanted to give you a FAQ to help solve any mysteries on the process...

What about Merits?

Merits will not live on our website in the same way, they can't be tied directly into the Disqus system which means they will no longer be comment-based. A simple Merit system will be created on our launch Friday that will grow more robust with time - allowing moderators/admins to merit people directly. Later e-mail notifications will be added to this as well.

You can also "Feature" a comment in Disqus, so that could also be awarded with your merit.

What about non-AG armatars?

A big concession we had to make with the Disqus system is that a Disqus account trumps our normal user accounts. This means users can name themselves whatever they like, and associate any armatar they like to their profile.

There will be alterations in our rules that discuss impersonation of other users, especially Moderators/Admins that will result in permanent bans. Also utilizing any exclusive armatars will result in a warning and possible further punishment.

Guest Accounts?

Guest accounts will be killed on site, and your real account warned. Guest accounts are not allowed on our Disqus comments.

Colored text for Knights/Admins/Moderators?

Not available right now in Disqus. You'll notice our accounts have "Moderator" next to our names. This text may change, but it means that person has moderator powers over Disqus comments.

What about total comment count?

This should be worked on before launch as well, nobody should lose their comment counts, just add on to their total.

What about old comments?

Still unknown the degree we'll be transferring over old comments. I'd love to hear your opinions though. This obviously is very tedious work, but I think me and @boppins agree that certain games (or comments) should make it over.

If you have any more questions let me know below.

• 220 Replies
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Just tested it --> and it works.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@lroot got it fixed, thank goodness.

devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

Nice picture Matt!
=)

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

HAHA! That's accurate, except @lroot would also be included on team unicorn.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

again, quite accurate

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I just found something related to Disqus that doesn't make sense but is not necessarily a glitch. Disqus now shows my comment count as 35, but I have definitely not made that many comments since the new commenting system was released. The addition of the following screenshot specifies the nonsense:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee400/Patrick2011b/Images%20for%20Armor%20Games/DisqusAncientError_zps95f2cbfa.png

The top comment in that screenshot is the first one I made under the new system. The bottom comment is a comment I made 3 years ago in a game called Indestruc2Tank.

Perhaps comments from the legacy system are being transferred over to Disqus.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Doesn't seem quite fixed. The issue I screencaped is fixed, but Unleashed has a post on my page in which it has his armatar as the rhino

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Is there a way to swiftly go from a user's comment, on your profile, to their AG profile?

I think there was, initially, but since then I can't seem to find it.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Is there a way to swiftly go from a user's comment, on your profile, to their AG profile?

There's still the link in the Disqus box that pops up if you click their names, Idk if that's fast enough for people.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Ah, thanks, I hadn't found that for a while.

I guess my confusion just now arose because my latest comment is either by a user who had their account closed, if anything for sending out random inane hiya's I guess; or, they were a non-AG member to begin with. So there's no AG account to show there.

I assume the latter should be impossible, so non-AG members finding you & commenting. Right?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

It seems as though there's no censor.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

It seems as though there's no censor.

That's true. Words perviously not allowed are now "allowed"
AG does not allow these words to be used, but Disqus allows them. :/ I would flag and report if someone is using those words.

~~~Black~~
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

@Macll

Judging from the profile pic and lack of link, its a guest account/non AG Disqus account. I guess.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Hm, yes, makes sense, Nicho.

So any Disqus user would be able to comment there, right? (Mods, admins?) I'm starting to dislike this thing, more and more.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Well they did say that guest accounts will not be tolerated on AG.

Apropos, I have 851 comments?! Pretty sure that didn't happen overnight.

Showing 151-165 of 220