Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Worst About Pages on AG

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 12, '14 at 9:09pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,382 posts

I've been extremely annoyed by several about pages recently. Here, you can post examples of people's abouts that you think they could improve upon. Here are some guidelines, for what I would consider an awful about:

1. Either too much text, or not enough text.
2. Changing the cursor, or bolding everyone's text in the comments.
3. Having about 20 pictures for no good reason.
4. Starting ridiculous rumors about yourself.
5. If you have an incredibly long about, not including an option to skip to the bottom.
6. Copying and pasting things, like the bunny for example.

These are just examples, there are many more. I will review some people's abouts in this topic as well. So, what are the worst abouts you've seen?

Posted Mar 12, '14 at 9:13pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,203 posts

Blingee Abouts. Blingee Abouts.

Or the HTML pages that convert your cursor into a chocolate cake.

Posted Mar 12, '14 at 9:14pm

themastaplaya

themastaplaya

662 posts

The worst abouts that I've seen are the ones from grouchy snobs that are either to dumb to figure out the html codes to spruce up their pages, or are to unmotivated in life attempt to write more about themselves and will OD on crack in several years anyway.

Posted Mar 12, '14 at 9:15pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

3,688 posts

The worst abouts that I've seen are the ones from grouchy snobs that are either to dumb to figure out the html codes to spruce up their pages, or are to unmotivated in life attempt to write more about themselves and will OD on crack in several years anyway.

Wow, that's uncalled for.

Posted Mar 12, '14 at 9:18pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Unoriginality is about the only thing that annoys me.

And masta, why must an About be long and fancy to be good?

Posted Mar 12, '14 at 9:18pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,164 posts

Knight

Zoph's clearly outdated about chafes me. >[

Posted Mar 12, '14 at 9:21pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

There is a fine line between discussing how you don't like a person's About and being a general jerk (chosen word because dem censors). You missed that line by a mile

-----

I'm not a fan of bragging within one's about. Gives an awful impression of that person...or a telling one.

Posted Mar 12, '14 at 9:26pm

themastaplaya

themastaplaya

662 posts

Is this just another one of your "random thoughts", or are you just jumping at the chance to throw out names at your favorite screw around buddy who happens to be in disagreement with someone else.
Your page is longish, does that make you a terrible person? The answer is no.

Posted Mar 12, '14 at 9:37pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,203 posts

Is this just another one of your "random thoughts", or are you just jumping at the chance to throw out names at your favorite screw around buddy who happens to be in disagreement with someone else.

(Psst. Look at your post, and look at his reply. Which one actually does contain blanket insults and preconceived inquiries about one's future, aka things that are attacks against Da Rulz?)

Back to discussion!

Posted Mar 12, '14 at 9:39pm

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

1,546 posts

@themastaplaya, I was going to check the comment font on your profile, but the page kept scrolling up every time I went to the message box. In light of this inexplicalbe occurrence, I can only assume that it is so hideous that my computer is unwilling to reproduce the image.