ForumsWEPRVaccination Nation

7 6281
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I'm sure there's an older thread somewhere, but zombies are not to be messed with so it can stay dead :-)...

Since we have a relatively diverse group of people here I would like to take the time to ask everyone how they feel about vaccines..

Some people don't trust them

and those people bother me... not even b/c of their distrust. A lot of the time they'll spew what they see to be logic and science and reason while all the while completely ignoring all those things. If the comments don't grind your gears on that article, then I don't know what will. So what are your opinions?...and we'll go from there

...I'd post pictures of common illnesses that have vaccines, but I don't think the administration would want pictures of dead/dying/maimed children all over their forum

• 7 Replies
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

(Face Palm) Of course big pharma is evil. They are a bunch of crooks who mislead doctors and harm patients. But vaccines are good. They protect us from infection. This was discovered in 1796. 218 years later, and people still don't trust them.

A few years ago in the U.K, a guy named Andrew Wakefield claimed that the MMR vaccine caused autism. There was a massive health scare that caused a huge increase in cases of measles, mumps, and rubella. All b ased on the crackpot ideas of one idiot. Wikipedia Article.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

This came in not long ago.
Measles Outbreak Hits New York

The worst is that the fraud has been uncovered, the paper withdrawn, the bull**** unveiled. But people are easily afraid by a few people looking like they know what they're talking about.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

My issue is that I hear/read/see "AHA!!! WHY ARE YOU SO AFRAID IF THEY WORK?!?!? ARE YOU TELLING ME THEY DON'T WORK?!? WHY WOULD I NEED TO GET THEM THEN?!?!?"

....no one has ever said that they're 100% effective. Sometimes for whatever reason they might not illicit a permanent immunity or might require boosters every so often. If you want to take the whole "it hasn't been proven one way or another" approach to autism even tho there hasn't been any hard evidence for it, then that's fine... but don't spew all the extra crap as if it helps prove your point.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d6/The_cow_pock.jpg

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I'm okay with necessary vaccines but the flu ones are BS and is a way for crooked pharmaceutical companies to make extra money which they don't need because of the inflated prices (5 x) of the medications sold in the US.
They're so greedy that they change the name and repackage some of their products once there's a generic version out.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

They're so greedy that they change the name and repackage some of their products once there's a generic version out.

That's nothing. They've been hiding trial data that demonstrates some drugs don't work. For more, check out Bad Science.
74 posts
Peasant

No not the vaccine but the user is bad....

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

No not the vaccine but the user is bad....

Um...what? Can you explain please?
Showing 1-7 of 7