ForumsNews and Feedback"Started by: x" addition in the topic list

7 4487
sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

Hello, fellow Armorgamers!

I was thinking about the addition of "Started by: x" in the topics list, under the topic name.

So it would be like

Topic name | views no. | last post by user
Started by: user | |

*Sorry for the awesome graphical model, I don't have my mouse atm.*

Why this? I don't know, sometimes I'm just interested about who started a topic and I don't really feel like entering in the topic, especially when my internet speed is not working properly.
Any thoughts?

• 7 Replies
minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

If you mean who created the topic it should be first comment in the thread , once again i say sorry if i missunderstood what you said ( english is not national language )

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

If you mean who created the topic it should be first comment in the thread , once again i say sorry if i missunderstood what you said ( english is not national language )

Kinda. He means to add the started by thing to the list where you can see all the threads underneath where it says last post.
sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

I'm not sure I explained it right, here, I did something in paint that might explain it better:
http://i.imgur.com/pHQfHJ7.png

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Seems like a way for users to pick what threads to look at based on who started it...a great way to stroke one's ego or allow some form of passive aggressiveness

sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

That's one way to put it, yes - but, at least in my case, I'd be more interested in threads that my friends start, as an example.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I think it's a good idea, it's a common feature on forums, and I do miss it here.

+1.

sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

No one said anything about making a list about who started a thread or not, this is just a little enhancement to the topic list, as shown in the picture above.

Probably for you, yes. But whenever I'm watching the forum I don't really feel like going into the thread just to check who started the topic every single time.

Showing 1-7 of 7