ForumsWEPRCNN and Obama on Locking Up Black Males

62 27547
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

http://americanoverlook.com/cnn-and-obama-beg-stop-locking-up-black-males-impedes-chances-of-a-successful-life-2/12784

USA is ruined, the hypocrisy of these **** liberals is mind-boggling first they say "we're all equal, no one's better than the other" and now this crap?

I for one know that this is all just a huge cop-out, the president (which i still don't know why confused people vote for him) is just grabbing things and giving blacks an excuse to go out and commit crimes, but yeah, its opportunism at its worst.

What do you guys think?

• 62 Replies
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

http://americanoverlook.com/cnn-and-obama-beg-stop-locking-up-black-males-impedes-chances-of-a-successful-life-2/12784

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

A kid that goes to jail for a crime ruins all his chances of being a successful citizen in society. The american justice system at the current state (and it is like this in Canada too, to a lesser extent) is to punish and not rehabilitate.

So a poor kid got told by a gang to rob a store. The kid gets arrested and gets 15 years for armed robbery. While he lives in prison (horrible conditions). He eventually comes out of prison with no childhood and no education and a criminal record. Who will hire him? How will he make a living? With crime again of course.

It is definitively a problem for many poor minorities who live in "ghettos" and who are dragged in such a lifestyle and the government is definitely not helping.

As for racism. The incarceration rate of minorities is much higher then the ones of white people, so addressing minorities (in this case black people) is not something I find particularly racist. It is not like he is condoning any other ethnic groups.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Renamed thread for obvious reasons. Easy there, Fiends.

Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

o a poor kid got told by a gang to rob a store. The kid gets arrested and gets 15 years for armed robbery. While he lives in prison (horrible conditions). He eventually comes out of prison with no childhood and no education and a criminal record. Who will hire him? How will he make a living? With crime again of course.

It is definitively a problem for many poor minorities who live in "ghettos" and who are dragged in such a lifestyle and the government is definitely not helping.

As for racism. The incarceration rate of minorities is much higher then the ones of white people, so addressing minorities (in this case black people) is not something I find particularly racist. It is not like he is condoning any other ethnic groups.

Are you serious? Can you stop trying to justify the crimes made by these people? Do you really think this is ok? Black "kids" getting more rights than other just because of "race"? I'm sure if it was white people getting more rights, riots would start and would spawn everywhere, but hey they're white so who cares? I'm tired of this affirmative action taken, like give everyone equal rights, not put others in a pedestal.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Black "kids" getting more rights than other just because of "race"? I'm sure if it was white people getting more rights, riots would start and would spawn everywhere, but hey they're white so who cares?

If you look at other cases given, as well as the incarceration rate for each ethnicity, you would know that these points aren't true in the slightest. Especially the second scenario; Caucasians having more rights than other ethnicities is the norm--it would be just another day in the US.
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

Renamed thread for obvious reasons. Easy there, Fiends

What was wrong with the previous title? Was it not &quotolitically correct" enough for you? I think it was perfect considering how they are above the law.
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

If you look at other cases given, as well as the incarceration rate for each ethnicity, you would know that these points aren't true in the slightest. Especially the second scenario; Caucasians having more rights than other ethnicities is the norm--it would be just another day in the US

Really? Dude, look around, Caucasians are becoming a minority and your last line doesn't make any sense considering how white guilt and the media portrayal of Caucasians has led to other ethnicities despising whites.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Really? Dude, look around, Caucasians are becoming a minority

Caucasians are already a minority. Asians are the most populous ethnicity in the world. But it looks like we are only talking about people who have more melanin in their skin than others.

and your last line doesn't make any sense considering how white guilt and the media portrayal of Caucasians has led to other ethnicities despising whites

Well since you didn't take me up on my offer to research how unequal incarceration is, I'll do it for you. I suppose you'll just attribute the rate of incarceration to "the same amount of Black Americans are simply jailed more than other ethnicities", which is why they also add population to the mix.
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Well, ever heard of GTA: San Andreas.

Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

Caucasians are already a minority. Asians are the most populous ethnicity in the world. But it looks like we are only talking about people who have more melanin in their skin than others.

I was talking about America, oh wait, the USA, don't want to get tiptoeing people mad.

I suppose you'll just attribute the rate of incarceration to "the same amount of Black Americans are simply jailed more than other ethnicities", which is why they also add population to the mix.

Serves 'em right, let them do time, until they become civilized and start acting like humans, but nope, along comes Obama not letting them get taught a lesson.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I was talking about America, oh wait, the USA, don't want to get tiptoeing people mad.

It's better if we look at population from a global perspective, because yes, other nations matter, and we need to start buckling down and become a Type-1 Civilization.

Serves 'em right, let them do time, until they become civilized and start acting like humans, but nope, along comes Obama not letting them get taught a lesson.

So now we found out why Fiends is treating this article with animosity. . .
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Serves 'em right, let them do time, [...]

Oh, what a different tune you'd be singing if they did. Have you considered who has to shell out for people to "do the time"? You know they still have to be clothed, medicated, and fed, right?

I'm tired of this affirmative action taken, like give everyone equal rights, not put others in a pedestal.

So, in order to maintain our equality, we have to strip other people of theirs? Why, of course! Why didn't we think of this sooner?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I think it was perfect considering how they are above the law.

You ever hear of a thing called "racial profiling"? Happens a lot to the black community.

Obama does not have international jurisdiction

Not at all what Frank was implying.

Seriously? Imagine if a white male suggested this for young white males.

If white males received as much racial profiling towards crimes then the suggestion would be of equal merit.

Do you know what justice is? Merriam-Webster defines it as "the process or result of using laws to fairly judge and punish crimes and criminals." There is no requirement for rehabilitation when it comes to the law. The justice system is not responsible nor required to rehabilitate a convicted criminal. That's not how justice works, and tipping the balances to favor black males is not "fair judgement."

You do realize there are many theories of justice, right? One (our current one) is to punish criminals. Another is to rehabilitate them so that we may guide them away from crime.

So far, it seems, this thread is being hindered by the fact that some people may not be aware of the constant racial profiling that happens within our judicial system.
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Considering that African-Americans constitute around 43% of the jail population and that they are incarcerated at nearly six times the rate of whites

And how many of them are well-educated upper class entrepreneurs with nice homes and their own cars?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

If white males received as much racial profiling towards crimes then the suggestion would be of equal merit.

Let's pick a group that is then. People with ancestry in the Middle East. "Their nations of heritage have been warring since they began, so crimes they commit aren't their fault. It's in their blood to do harm to others. Don't punish them."
Showing 1-15 of 62