ForumsSupport ForumRoblox add lies

5 7164
woodcup
woodcup
5 posts
Jester

please check and remove one of your Roblox adds, it says Roblox and brings you to the Roblox site but has an image of minecraft. it is misleading and to me is offensive, because i love minecraft and do not want another game using minecraft to deceive people.

• 5 Replies
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Roblox is a very fun and age-appropriate site. That add is likely a Roblox version of Minecraft and isn't an attempt to deceive anyone. After all, you weren't deceived, were you?

woodcup
woodcup
5 posts
Jester

no it wasn't a roblox adaptation, i have played roblox ad that was not it. it had minecraft trees, steve a diamond pick and our wonderful grass, all 16bit. robloxs does not have that.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

it is misleading and to me is offensive

As the Buddha taught (reportedly), all life is suffering. His answer was to practice detachment.

& Welcome to the AG forums
woodcup
woodcup
5 posts
Jester

i am not really for me it is for those who do not know about either game. i do not want them to be mislead into playing roblox instead of minecraft. Minecraft is a far better game and i don't wan roblox feeding of another game's success.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

You have a fair point. Roblox does make their own versions of other popular games. I'm not aware of any adverts for outside games on their site, but I rarely go there.
At the end of the day, this sounds like a Roblox problem. From our end, the site is a good one and offers a lot of fun and different games. I would imagine that many users who enjoy AG would also Roblox. This Minecraft issue just isn't enough (in my opinion) to warrant the removal of an ad.
We've had to remove ads that were genuinely offensive or misleading and we're happy to do so. But this just doesn't seem to be one of those cases.
To that end, I'm going to lock this thread because I feel like the points on offer have been adequately made. If you'd like to pursue this, just leave a comment on my messenger and I can provide you with the contact information for the admin team. But at the end of the day, I think you're best bet is to contact the Roblox administration (good luck on that!) and let them know that their Minecraft ad is misleading.

Showing 1-5 of 5