ForumsThe TavernRules nobody follows.

22 6123
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

In life, what are rules you barely ever see people follow?

For example, very few people follow the "No HTML allowed" rule below the bio box.

• 22 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

The "No HTML allowed" rule is outdated. A few years ago, the abouts did not support HTML, but almost 2 years ago, the abouts started supporting HTML, which was discovered in the creation of this thread.

There are other unused rules on AG, such as the rules on creating an RPG in Forum Games. Those rules are in stickied threads in Forum Games, but they are unused according to the following Rule of Armor Games:

Rule 8: There are rules for making and playing RPGs, but no one reads them.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

jaywalking
nobody follows that law its annoying

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Whatever Apple puts in its ToC. I don't know anyone who has ever attempted to read those 66 pages of crap.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Whatever Apple puts in its ToC

I think ToC/TaC's in general are not read by people.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Do not poke a wasp's nest? =)

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Jaywalking, speeding, cutting across double yellow lines and cross hatched zones on the road, breaking gym policy and etiquette rules, cussing in public, not wearing a shirt (sometimes), carry weapons (with no malicious intent), trespassing (occasionally), and under-aged drinking are my big bad crimes. Did I ever tell anyone how good beer and ice cream sandwiches are together?

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

apparently the song Happy birthday is actually owned by a company and they do expect you to pay them or something if you sing it. I guess thats a rule nobody follows

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

apparently the song Happy birthday is actually owned by a company and they do expect you to pay them or something if you sing it. I guess thats a rule nobody follows

It being owned and copyrighted: true

Us having to pay if we sing it: false

The copyright protects it from commercial use (singing or playing for profit, commercial use, movies, etc etc)

da snopes
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I don't know if it's a rule per say, but when you sneeze in a room full of strangers, you probably won't get a bless you. It may just be a southern thing, but I find it a little weird. Even though I don't believe in the whole blessing-you-so-no-demons-posses-you-while-you-sneeze-because-your-heart-stops-beating thing, it seems to just be the polite thing to do. Nowadays kids just don't do it. It's awkward in school especially. Because some people will say it, but not for everyone. Y'know?

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

The copyright protects it from commercial use (singing or playing for profit, commercial use, movies, etc etc)

Commercial use includes restaurants. That's why they do this instead.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Nowadays kids just don't do it. It's awkward in school especially. Because some people will say it, but not for everyone. Y'know?

That's why everytime I sneezed I would wait for anyone to say "bless you"..if no one did (which was usually the case) I would just go "bless you 'ang', thank you 'ang'"
(using muh actual name o' course)
gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

Actually coming to a complete stop at a stop sign instead of executing a California Roll.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Did you guys know that it's against the law to download movies and music illegally? This came as a shock to me, considering how many people already do it anyway.

But if you're interested in dumb laws, there happens to be a site dedicated specifically to fit this particular interest.

instead of executing a California Roll.

I pictured a piece of sushi strapped into an electric chair.
CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

Do not poke a wasp's nest? =)

Theres no rule for that anywhere, I think its just common sense. lol
Showing 1-15 of 22