ForumsThe TavernRules nobody follows.

22 6143
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

In life, what are rules you barely ever see people follow?

For example, very few people follow the "No HTML allowed" rule below the bio box.

• 22 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Don't murder people. No one really follows that anymore.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I pictured a piece of sushi strapped into an electric chair.

If that isn't Californian I don't know what is.

Don't murder people. No one really follows that anymore.

Being quite at the library. Every now and then I scream "SO YO MOMMA SAID *insert curse word here*".

That isnt actually true but if I go to the library and someone does this I will give them the most sincere hug I could possibly give.
wishfulpoison77
wishfulpoison77
124 posts
Nomad

Really, must 90% of the comments on YouTube be spam/hate?

One rule nobody follows is to (plain and simple) be nice.

If you don't have a nice comment, please don't post at all.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Um. We are talking about "rules NOBODY follows." That would suggest that everyone murders people.

I didn't say everyone on the street became Michael Myers. I was trying to say there have been more murders going on in recent years that it seems that the world is slowly becoming a world where murders are everywhere, but it seems I didn't give that impression.

On a more realistic note, "This game is rated M for players 18+"

Unless you're with a parent or guardian that accepts buying the game for the 17 or younger child.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

The game is for &quotlayers 18+" and the parent/guardian is buying the game for a underage &quotlayer." The parent/guardian isn't playing the game, and even if they buy it for the kid, he (or she) is still underage.

There's not a rule saying the kid has to be 18+ to play it, they even need to have the child bring in a parent/guardian to buy it anyways. Parents in this generation should easily be able to tell if a game is an M rating and if it's ok for their child to play, at least I would hope parents are smart enough to actually do that.

This is basically how it works; kid shows up and he's under the age of 18, tries to buy M rated game, responsible store clerk turns him down. Now let's do a different scenario. Same thing but the kid has a reliable adult, now this could go both ways, parent says no to the game, its not going to be bought. However the parent could also say yes and the game is then bought. It all works with parent permission.

However you're also not wrong. As there can be cases where the kid can bribe the store clerk into letting him buy it, the store clerk may not notice its M rated(that would be a bad store clerk), and the kid could even steal it(breaking another rule).

I wasn't really disagreeing with you more like adding a little something to the recipe.
CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

What about all those laws for weed possession? have you ever met a stoner who refused to smoke just because it was illegal?

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Here in the dorms, Cesar Chavez weekend is a no-guest weekend. No matter how tight they think dorm security is, though, people who don't live in the building always find a way in during these so-called lockdowns.

Showing 16-22 of 22