Forums

ForumsVideo Games

How to fix perfect circle scratch?

Posted Mar 23, '14 at 2:14pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

So, I got GTA V a while back, and was playing it. I didn't have my Xbox 360 vertical, I didn't move it with the disk inside, and I took the disk out every night. I put it in the case, and didn't do anything wrong when I did. I got a perfect circle scratch, and had the game switched out with another copy. I played another week or so, and I got the scratch again. So why did I get this scratch, and how can I fix it without going somewhere? (I'm not using tooth paste, peanut butter, or anything like that; that just sounds disgusting, impractical, and idiotic.)

Posted Mar 23, '14 at 4:54pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,099 posts

Trying to give a simple answer here... if the circle is positioned on the exact same place, have you considered that it is simply dust? =)

Posted Mar 23, '14 at 5:26pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

It's not the exact same place, and I've tried wiping it off about twenty times. Also, dust usually doesn't make the game freeze every time I try to play it, and when I do manage to play it, make all of the text disappear.

Posted Mar 23, '14 at 6:01pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,099 posts

Well, I tried to use my common sense to the problem, but I'm afraid that's as far as it goes... I have no extensive knowledge of machinery beyond this point, but something tells me it is either software or the reading part of the hardware related here. And my money is on the latter... I think you may have to take it to a shop after all. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help... =/

Posted Mar 23, '14 at 10:13pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

2,844 posts

Is it a white 360? Because I remember that happening to all of my games on my old white one, I think at that point it started developing problems like not being able to read disks. I just sold it to Gamestop in the end and got a black one.

~Manly

Posted Mar 24, '14 at 11:18am

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

No, I've got the slim. The black one with around 250 gigs.

Posted Mar 24, '14 at 1:19pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

2,844 posts

All I can advise is that you go onto live support with MS.

~Manly

Posted Mar 24, '14 at 4:44pm

themastaplaya

themastaplaya

660 posts

My cheapy laptop's DVD player recently circle scratched some of my DVDs. It's not dust because dust doesn't feel sharp and have a ridged surface. That's what you get with a $400 laptop. :(

Posted Mar 27, '14 at 4:27pm

treos

treos

82 posts

iirc the not all xbox 360's used the same cd drive did they? i may be mistaken but if thats the case then it could be that your 360 has a cheap/bad cd drive.

Posted Mar 27, '14 at 5:35pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Then why hasn't it done it to any other games?

Reply to How to fix perfect circle scratch?

You must be logged in to post a reply!