ForumsNews and FeedbackSuggestion: have posted pics be thumbnails

2 4492
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Just a friendly suggestion, to if possible maybe have inserted pics in posts show up as clickable thumbnails.

Would leave it up to the viewer to view in full or not, whereas those full pics & not knowing that's what you'll get until you try to open a page will be a hog on people on lesser connections and/or systems. Experience teaches they'll also need to wait for those pages to have loaded (or to a substantial degree) before even being able to close them again, so swiftly browsing away isn't an option, either.

• 2 Replies
CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

Like an attachment? that could be cool but how many people would use it if they had the option..?

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

It would be an "attachment" to a post yes, but would show up in that post, as a thumbnail, large enough to see what it's about, and clickable to enlarge, in that same post screen.

I've been on a forum where it worked that way, and how many users would click them I wouldn't know, but I would guess it got used alright.

Conversely, I've certainly been on iffy set-ups (e.g., in cybercafes while on the road) where accidentally opening up a page full of pics would lead to much pulling of hairs. There's a thread here where members discuss their internet speeds, suggesting that even in e.g. the US that still leaves a lot to be desired.

Showing 1-2 of 2