Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Using SWF Files for Website

Posted Mar 26, '14 at 10:23pm

deathninja314

deathninja314

3 posts

Hi, I am sixth grader who is making a website with a bunch of games that I like on it. Keep in mind that I'm not using a website maker and I'm actually programing. I use Google App Engine for hosting. Anyways I'm wondering what the SWF files Armorgames provides are for. May I use them on my website? If so can someone show me how to embed swf files into html? Thank you for your time and thank you to whoever can help me.

Posted Mar 27, '14 at 10:32am

weirdlike

weirdlike

657 posts

Knight

THIS is the exact code I use for THIS

Good luck :D

Posted Mar 27, '14 at 11:10pm

deathninja314

deathninja314

3 posts

Thank you sir, but whenever i link to my swf file it never shows up when i deploy my website, the page is white and there is nothing on it (there should be a game). When i look at the page source it says that the requested url for my file was not found for my server but I'm sure i linked it correctly, - thanks again.

Posted Mar 28, '14 at 1:02am

weirdlike

weirdlike

657 posts

Knight

the swf file must be in the same directory as the html file

Posted Mar 28, '14 at 9:22pm

deathninja314

deathninja314

3 posts

Sorry but does the same directory mean in the same area? So do you mean my html file has to be in the same folder as the swf file? Also when I open my html files the flash game does open, but when i go on my website it doesn't load. Can you tell me why? Thank you.

Posted Mar 31, '14 at 5:33pm

weirdlike

weirdlike

657 posts

Knight

yes it needs to be in the same folder, but if it doesn't work. Depending on your hosting site you might need to find the url of the game that you uploaded then change the html to point to the url instead of loading locally

&ltembed src="http://url.swf" width="game width" height="game height"&gt

Reply to Using SWF Files for Website

You must be logged in to post a reply!