ForumsForum GamesShattered Armor Suggestion Thread

97 29125
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Hello and welcome to the Shattered Armor RPG kickstarter. This RPG will be a special kind of RPG. Why? Because its based on ArmorGames that's why. Actually its really based around the whole internet, but you, the players, will be the users of ArmorGames. Think of it as if you're inside the internet.

This will be an open world RPG, basically the player can do whatever they feel like it, just as long as they follow the rules that I have not come up with yet.

Now here is the RPG character sheet:

Name: (pick a name)
Age: 13 and up(this is ArmorGames after all, so we have to start with age 13)
Race: (The most unique part of the sheet. You can choose what you want to be like; human, alien, robot, ant, toaster, penguin, fox, dwarf, etc. Whatever you want.)
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Items:
Partner:

This sheet is not the final character sheet. Do not use it yet!

Now the most important part of the kickstarter, suggestions. I need suggestions on things. Maybe on items, weapons, clothing, title(this current one was done last minute), etc.

Hopefully there's nothing I forgot to mention. So go on and suggest. Also if you're planning on joining please tell me here so I know who to expect.

• 97 Replies
Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

Oh. *Facepalm* But I did spell it cannon. Canon and cannon are two different things, but I know you know that.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Yeah I meant to press it twice.

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, a simple typo. I like the look of this so far. I'll be awaiting its release.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

By combi weapon, I mean combine two weapons (maybe with use of a special item?) to get something better, like a knee seeking nyan cat.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I don't know... maybe I could use that... I just don't know how I feel about it.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

I feel that would add a lot to the game, but it would have to have a chance of failing, especially when creating higher teir combinations. A neat way to balance it would be to add combo armor, like nyan cat resistant knee pads.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Although it would add to the game, this game is coming literally today and combining weapons is a bit too much work, especially if the game is supposedly coming today. Weapon combinations also sound like its going to be too easy to combine weapons. What I mean is people will combine the first two weapons they get and will probably keep doing that. Even if I do add certain combos its just going to be so much work and I like random items.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

See you all in the game.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/212/6/4/let_the_games_begin_by_tomoxnam-d428dr6.png

(OCD forces me to send thread to nice round 100 posts)

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Yes this thread is not dead. For now at least. I'll have the name to this thread be changed.

So anyway, how is the game for everyone thus far? Is there something I should improve? Should I add more detail to the characters? Should I add more to the combat system?

Also I've been thinking of doing something I'm calling a luck system. What is this luck system? Well I've noticed that most of you have started out with no money and still have no money, and most of you don't even have any weapons to go on quests, and most of you can't even afford weapons. That's what this luck system is about, its about helping the player with their money problem. I roll a dice and if you get an even number you get money depending on how high the even number. 6 = $100, 4 = $50, 2 = $25. If you get an odd number you get nothing. Does that seem good to everyone?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Ok, I've recently been thinking of adding a 'crafting' thing to the RPG. If you get a few things from looting creatures and users, you can use those to craft. However, you can only go to a certain store to get things crafted, so you can't just go crafting all wily nily. You can also upgrade weapons with materials, however it is going pricey and you have to be a certain level for it to be upgraded. Yes, that's right. Leveling is being added too.

However I can only think of two things needed for level up which is the growth of health and upgrading weapons. If you can think of another reason for leveling up please tell me, and tell me what you think of the crafting idea. I'm not going to add it unless I'm fairly certain you guys want it.

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

I personally like the idea. Yay for leveling. Maybe make it so that certain weapons can only be used if you are at a certain level? (I don't think upgrading weapons includes this, but I could be wrong, depending on how you look at it)

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

I like both ideas. As for the perks of levelling, higher HP and better weapons seem to be good choices. You might also consider adding perks maybe every 10 levels or so (though it might make things too complicated on your end). Another option would be an increase to base damage as you level. So whatever you roll, you get, say +5 or something.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Since I'm already a blacksmith would I have a fairly high level in smithing already?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Since I'm already a blacksmith would I have a fairly high level in smithing already?

Crafting would be a separate job. You make weapons but you won't do the same as a crafter. However I'm fairly certain users will still show at your shop.
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Cool thanks

Showing 76-90 of 97