ForumsSupport ForumDisqus System Problem

4 8112
R1a2z3e4
R1a2z3e4
116 posts
Shepherd

Disqus system, the new feature of Armor Games is not working with Opera 9.62 while it is working with Internet Explorer 8 !
I have these two browsers but I mostly use Opera 9.62 but the Disqus system is not working with it. Can anyone help me in this topic?

Opera (not working) :-

http://i.imgur.com/0Z5cV5M.jpg?1?1784

Internet Explorer 8 (working) :-

http://i.imgur.com/IuEyHmv.jpg?1

• 4 Replies
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I know nothing of Opera, and haven't checked under IE; however my standard suggestion so far has been to in NoScript to those who use it, allow JavaScript for disqus.com and disquscdn.com; and in Ghostery to those who use it, allow the Disqus widget to run, in order to get Disqus to function.

However NoScript I believe is Firefox-only, and while there's a (dressed-down) Windows version of Ghostery, obviously you're not using it to block your access to Disqus The point would be however that there may be similar browser plug-ins to block your access; it's where I'd be looking at.

So in short: Disqus needs JavaScript to run, and shouldn't be blocked in other ways.

Firefox comes with the option to restart it with add-ons temporarily disabled, this is handy to weed out any possible issues there; you could check if your browser offers something similar. I'm quite sure Internet Explorer doesn't, or didn't up to IE8, anyway.

Finally, others may note issues have been reported with later IE versions: The answer seems to be to disable your browser's option to present pages in compatibility mode.

R1a2z3e4
R1a2z3e4
116 posts
Shepherd

I have this sometmies too, mostly a site refresh help (for me its IE9).
Did it still didnt work after a refresh?

No. I think the problem may be that I have the older version of Opera that is Opera 9.62.

I know nothing of Opera, and haven't checked under IE; however my standard suggestion so far has been to in NoScript to those who use it, allow JavaScript for disqus.com and disquscdn.com; and in Ghostery to those who use it, allow the Disqus widget to run, in order to get Disqus to function.

However NoScript I believe is Firefox-only, and while there's a (dressed-down) Windows version of Ghostery, obviously you're not using it to block your access to Disqus The point would be however that there may be similar browser plug-ins to block your access; it's where I'd be looking at.

So in short: Disqus needs JavaScript to run, and shouldn't be blocked in other ways.

Firefox comes with the option to restart it with add-ons temporarily disabled, this is handy to weed out any possible issues there; you could check if your browser offers something similar. I'm quite sure Internet Explorer doesn't, or didn't up to IE8, anyway.

Finally, others may note issues have been reported with later IE versions: The answer seems to be to disable your browser's option to present pages in compatibility mode.

The JavaScript is enabled in all websites but all in vain.
Plug-ins, no plug-ins are blocked by opera.

I have opened the "Error console" of Opera to see if I can find the reason of the problem and I found something there related to the JavaSript that is :-

http://s29.postimg.org/tbl3jxmfr/Disqus_Problem.jpg

and Thank you all !
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I think the problem may be that I have the older version of Opera that is Opera 9.62.

Hm. Time for an update/grade? I don't know about which OS, but they seem to be at #20 by now
R1a2z3e4
R1a2z3e4
116 posts
Shepherd

Hm. Time for an update/grade? I don't know about which OS, but they seem to be at #20 by now

Thanks I will do it as soon as possible.
Showing 1-4 of 4