ForumsSupport Forum[Solved] AFD Coinerator blocks all games on site

8 2565
Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Hi, I'm starting a new thread in the support forum about this since the conversation I was having with a mod in the previous thread ([url=http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12287351/answered-what-is-afd-coinerator]) may have dead-ended because the thread was marked as answered. I hadn't heard anything about this problem yet which has blocked all games on the site.

To reiterate: there is no minimize button, there is no mute button. It physically blocks games so I have not been able to play anything on the site since it started. It also interferes with forum use and the annoying sound reloads every time I change pages, tabs, or anything on the site.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/25ukzfa.jpg

I am using Firefox 28. The only addons I have are Acrobat, Intel IPT, Office 2010, and Flash. Java is turned off. I do have Adblock Plus. I haven't tried another browser as I don't have another one at the ready on my machine.

The initial problems with all pages on the site not loading properly (when it was new) seem to have gone away for me. But I still can't play games at all, and it is really not fun having this window in the middle of the screen saying FAIL! in big read letters while making annoying chiming sounds at me.

• 8 Replies
Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

I'm continuing a thread here because of a moderator's completely inappropriate behavior. They then locked the thread while I was posting a reply.

Here is the thread: [url=http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12287955/click-here-to-disable-afd-coinerator]

You know what, this post is rude and unacceptable coming from a moderator. It is completely inappropriate and makes me want to use words in this post that I shouldn't.

You cost me months of progress in games because of this stupid stupid joke and you don't even care. You make fun of the fact that you guys broke the entire site for me and then you make a sticky post teasing people with hope for fixing it.

Thanks for breaking the site and ruining many games for me. Thanks for thinking it was funny. Thanks for "rick-rolling" me by promising hope. Thanks for nothing.

You should seriously be fired for your attitude. This is not how moderators should behave at all.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

I am going to additionally post a link to Freakenstein's Profile page, where the conversation from the locked thread continues.

[url=http://armorgames.com/user/Freakenstein/]

This behavior is a violation of the rules for posting on Armor Games and it is incredible inappropriate for a moderator to be acting this way.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Hello there, I'm the guy who created that link. Now that it's April 2nd where I'm at and no longer April Fool's Day, I can be completely serious now.

Were the application still active for you, you can click the arrow to the far right of it to minimize and mute the activity. I'm not sure if this frees the problematic games to be playable again, but at least the jingles will go away (something lots of people were ambivalent about).

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

You clearly chose to not read any of the posts or actually look at the image above.

There is absolutely no arrow with which to minimize anything. There is no mute button. There never was. It would not go away and I could not play games.

I don't care about the joke, I don't care about the music. I care about the fact that you completely broke the site for me, did nothing to fix it, did nothing to help, and then had fun at my expense about it.

I also care about the fact that in making fun of the fact that you broke the site for me, you abused your moderator power to post rick-roll stickys promising hope for the months of progress in games that you destroyed for me.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

We all had a mute and minimize button though. Seems it could be a browser.problem maybe. Do they appear if you try other browsers? Try downloading Chrome and testing it out.

Also, it wiped out your game data? If it merely stops games from loading and the local Flash files are still on your computer then your daya shouldnt be lost.

pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

It should be away now, it's all over.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

When the application blocks game activities that you have to do every 24 hours to maintain progress, then you lose major progress. Its too late now as its been more than 24 hours, so months of daily logins wasted.

I don't know what the problem was, but I was not the only person who couldn't get it to go away. There is nothing I can do now to fix it.

Now I am mainly upset that i spent 24 hours of posting the problems with this application only to have the problems mocked by a moderator with a rick-roll joke.

When a moderator starts a thread promising the fix to your bug, and they do that immediately above your thread meaning its hard to think they didn't know about it, and it comes across as a cruel joke which is inappropriate for a moderator, I do not consider that OK.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

This is now resolved. Sorry for any users that issues, it seems that this was mainly caused by ad blockers. Also, on a related note - we don't support ad blockers on armor games for obvious reasons. Often when something breaks on our site, the first thing we suggest is uninstalling them.

Of course, that's biased. Since ads are what keep this site functioning at all.

Showing 1-8 of 8