ForumsGames[necro] Warlord: Epic Conflict

23 20900
twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

Ok, so there's no chance for AG-quests, and the game don't do anything to play above Beginner diff, and it is kinda repetitive, but some might just got curious, so how about collecting the different endings, and telling sg 'bout the extra modes?

Here is the Orcs of the North's' ending:
http://i.imgur.com/ZoUtmEN.png

It isn't a very good race lacking in the special ability, but it is very straightforward (get the mage and ballista as siege weapon, don't get the scout troops, and you'll have a strong full army). The +1 damage can give you a push at the most early battles.
The special ability fills the field with swords randomly positioned, so if you ever use it (no idea if it kills allied troops too), cast it after you pushed back the initial wave, troops refilling at you, and the AI sends out a charge.
Worst enemies are the High Elves with their many bows (special ability), and the trolls (the freezing wind is annoying, faster preparation helps a lot against them).
As I was into the "Quantity over quality - in the end they'll run out of bullets" method, the occasional resurrected undeads ment also a small nuisance, but fortunately I took their city early, and their hero got down by the other AIs.

To those new to the series:
- the Campaign mode gives victory when you rule all lands.
- seems the two unlockable race don't go out to conquer anything.
- only heroes can capture lands.
- new heroes of a race can come only from their city. If a race has no city, and their hero falls, it'll mean no more threat to your expansion.
- to win a regular land you have to either fill the attack-bar (likely), or the side will win who pushed the attack-bar further when the time ends. You usually win the battle right when you release the first charge of spearmen.
- to win a castle-siege you must fill the attack-bar under the given time. Sending in troops via a ladder (ladders don't get taken away ever) pushes the bar the most. Damaging the walls (by siege engines and troops reaching the wall, but no ladder) also pushes the bar somewhat.
- defending a castle is about holding back the enemy for the entire five minutes.

• 23 Replies
Showing 31-30 of 23