Forums

ForumsQuests

GemCraft Chasing Shadows Quests

Posted Apr 7, '14 at 10:13am

MPH_Complexity

MPH_Complexity

136 posts

Tome Raider and Fire in the hole are both working for me, as well as all other quests.  I'm using latest firefox and flash player if it matters.

If I may ask to anyone who has gotten "Too Curious", what wizard level were you when you obtained it?  I tried opening the early one on B5 but got crushed, I'm wondering how much more I'll have to grind to get it, or if there's an easier tomb to handle later on.

Posted Apr 7, '14 at 4:24pm

Olinser

Olinser

182 posts

@MPH_Complexity:

Not all tombs are created equal, the number of monsters is a good indicator for how tough they are. For instance, the one in B5 contains 1000 monsters, while the 2 in J2 only contain 300 each.

Some of the tougher tombs are pretty much unkillable when you first reach the map they are in, they will require much higher wizard level (for more mana/gems), much better talisman pieces, and possibly using traits to get more monster waves/more mana.

Posted Apr 7, '14 at 6:15pm

PHLHimself

PHLHimself

51 posts

Cool, nice addition to the series, I love the new features etc. So it'll be fun questing for these achievements.

Posted Apr 7, '14 at 8:18pm

MPH_Complexity

MPH_Complexity

136 posts

Thanks Olinser.  I ended up doing it on J3, those tombs only have 50 monsters in them, and they don't have thousands of health each!

Still waiting for a corrupted spire, a grade 12 gem and 300% charge on the  freeze spell.  I hope the freeze spell won't take absurdly long, it looks like the only way to get it would be to increase your charge through talismans, I've gotten a couple for bolt but none for freeze yet...

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 4:04pm

Leesie

Leesie

263 posts

@ MPH_Complexity

If I may ask to anyone who has gotten "Too Curious", what wizard level were you when you obtained it?

I just got the Too Curious by accidental fluke, but it might be a time saving strategy for other. I opened the tomb in B5 just after I killed the last regular monster (my wizard was level 39 btw) in it and I finished the field without having to kill those 1000 monsters, but with the badge

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 5:15pm

PHLHimself

PHLHimself

51 posts

Wow, I didn't realize, the more skills you have (and upgrade them), the more expensive your gems become to combine/create them... This is making it suprisingly more difficult than I thought it would be :p

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 6:13pm

Olinser

Olinser

182 posts

Those of you having trouble with 'Not Worth It', make sure you are hitting a CORRUPTED mana shard, not a regular mana shard.

Normal mana shards have a set amount of mana and disappear when it is gone.

Corrupted mana shards have an infinite amount of mana and weaken gems as you hit them. I got the quest from the one in field G2.

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 9:04pm

MPH_Complexity

MPH_Complexity

136 posts

Well 15/16 now.  Still need ice cube, I only have one talisman so far that gives additional freeze charge, and at max level it only gives 31%...only need three more of those.  At least you can farm the earlier levels for talismans, what a grind this will be though...

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 9:24pm

mathman200

mathman200

1 post

I already got "Not Worth It" :P

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 10:49pm

tanlu84

tanlu84

2 posts

I am actually missing a lot of quests I should have, and I can take screenshots to prove it if needed.
All of the missing ones were achieved in game but not as the quest, perhaps because my internet wasn't working when I got them, and cannot re-earn them in game, thus no quest.
Blizzard, The Messenger Must Die, Extorted, and Amulet.

Reply to GemCraft Chasing Shadows Quests

You must be logged in to post a reply!