Forums

ForumsQuests

GemCraft Chasing Shadows Quests

Posted Apr 9, '14 at 1:16am

MPH_Complexity

MPH_Complexity

369 posts

Took about four hours just simply grinding talisman's on the E stages, but I finally got ice cube, whew! i wish I had better luck, theoretically the first four you get could all have freeze charge and you'd be done!

Posted Apr 10, '14 at 5:39am

PsychoXD

PsychoXD

137 posts

How 2 kill a shadow?

Posted Apr 10, '14 at 10:36am

Witzerle

Witzerle

1 post

Can somone help me? I cant get to the S hexile and i miss the bottom left trait. How can i get this? I have beaten all levels and i have premium.

Posted Apr 10, '14 at 11:46am

Olinser

Olinser

496 posts

@PsychoXD - You kill a Shadow just like everything else, by reducing it's HP to zero. Shadows only appear in very specific levels. The first one most people will encounter will probably be in V4, which is located in the 'D' tile (fun note - the map is exactly the same as the first level of Gemcraft Labyrinth, and it even says that it's the entrance to the labyrinth).

Posted Apr 11, '14 at 7:01pm

Colaski

Colaski

2 posts

Anybody have any suggestions on how to get the 'Almost Ruined' quest. Every time I attempt to lower a monster nest 1 hp at a time with a level 1 gem, the last hit always take 2 hit points, thereby killing it as opposed to leaving it at 1hp. Suggestions/ideas?

Posted Apr 11, '14 at 7:44pm

Gantic

Gantic

9,706 posts

Are you sure the last shot takes 2 HP? Use a level 1 non-armor-tearing gem on a high armor nest You're supposed to pick up the gem right after it fires the shot that will take the HP down to 1, because there is a delay from when the gem fires and when the shot hits. If you wait for the counter to go down to one, them gem might have fired another shot.

Posted Apr 12, '14 at 12:41am

Colaski

Colaski

2 posts

@Gantic
I understand what you are saying and I pick up the gem as soon as the shot fires when its at 2hp. the few times I've tried it I left it at ~100 armor with a lvl 1 blue gem, so no chance of crit or anything. But alas, I will try some more. At least I can glean that my strategy is correct if not my luck. Thanks!

Posted Apr 12, '14 at 3:21am

Dirigibleclown

Dirigibleclown

11 posts

@Leesie G1 is the first field I've seen a corrupted shard on, and with two towers next to it it isn't hard to get the quest achievement for it. You do need to dump the gems into your mana pool and replace them fairly often, however, and harvesting from a corrupted mana shard weakens the gem pretty fast (putting a decent sized yellow next to it with a beam spell on it was... enlightening).

Posted Apr 12, '14 at 5:26am

GemCraftChasing

GemCraftChasing

1 post

For a 1st vision field try to make a t7 gem and give it a bolt.

Posted Apr 12, '14 at 11:25am

Erile

Erile

287 posts

Is field H3 missing?

Reply to GemCraft Chasing Shadows Quests

You must be logged in to post a reply!