Forums

ForumsQuests

GemCraft Chasing Shadows Quests

Posted Apr 15, '14 at 11:04am

bakkart

bakkart

314 posts

I just tried to complete the "Too Curious" (breaking open a tomb) badge ... and got it on my first try. (Level 55) I did this on map B5, which is favorite of mine since it has so much room to build. I built a basic spiral where I could change the entry point with a bomb, and kept the tomb monsters running around a huge outside perimeter several times -- limited only by the number of allowed demolitions. I was kind of surprised it worked ... it was just a trial run to see how difficult it would be. One of the easier Hard achievements, I think.

Posted Apr 16, '14 at 11:18am

chrisbrood

chrisbrood

1 post

Hi !

Sure first gem cost 375.000 mana ? or is it a bug ?
This impossible to buy a gem !!!! I can't pass level 2

Posted Apr 16, '14 at 1:21pm

bakkart

bakkart

314 posts

Chris -- It's hard to remember the beginnings of the game, but in general I didn't have any problems leveling up as a wizard or in passing the first few maps. Since I'm not a super-gamer, I have to think this "easy beginning" should be true for most people, too.

So, what specific problem are you having? Are you just not able to beat the second map? If so, a possible simple but unpleasant solution would be to replay the first map over several times, trying to increase your score as much as possible each time. I'll try to check out the first few maps later today to see if there's any specific map advice that might be helpful.

Posted Apr 21, '14 at 11:28pm

Gantic

Gantic

9,692 posts

So where did non-premium users unlock a grade 12 gem? I can't seem to find anywhere where I might get enough mana. I have most of the things unlocked except for a couple tomes and wizard towers.

Posted Apr 22, '14 at 6:53am

newuser1234

newuser1234

21 posts

how to get the almost ruined quest?

Posted Apr 22, '14 at 11:31am

MPH_Complexity

MPH_Complexity

369 posts

@Gantic I cheesed it on O1 to get a grade 12 gem, if you play it perfectly you should have enough right at the end to get a grade 12 gem. The more starting mana you have, the easier it will be, I BARELY had enough at wizard level 45 to get the grade 12.

- Start out by walling so the enemies go through the loop on the right side of the map.
- Build two towers in the upper middle so they can hit the two mana shards in the upper right of the screen. Gem choice shouldn't matter, I did duel bloodbound and mana gather.
- Play as you normally would until the final wave
- I forget which order the waves come in at the end, but basically to cheese it, you'll want to leave one giant enemy alive so you can finish off all of the mana shards on the map. Once you have one giant enemy left, switch the priority of your towers to structures so they will only hit the mana shards.
- Way I did it: built up to two grade 10 gems, combined them to get a grade 11, finished off the shards, was VERY ALERT to take the grade 11 out so it wouldn't melt the poor remaining giant, had JUST ENOUGH to get another grade 11 gem and combined it to get my grade 12, obliterated the giant, quest unlocked!

I'm horrible at TDs though so take it with a grain of salt XD. There's probably an easier method/easier map to cheese it on.

Posted Apr 22, '14 at 11:32am

Olinser

Olinser

496 posts

@Gantic, I haven't committed to getting it yet, that's the only quest I haven't finished, but I imagine the32 key ways to get it are do it on a level with a Corrupted Mana Shard (and do not speed up any waves) for the large amount of extra mana, and spend a large amount of shards upgrading traits for extra waves, which not only gives you the extra mana from monsters, but extra time to siphon mana from the Shard, and then if necessary add on the higher difficulty level to increase the waves even more.

Heck, I'm only level 45 right now and I've gotten a level 10 gem in just normal play. If I added anything onto even midrange levels I could get the wave count easily past 100, that should be PLENTY of time and mana to get a level 12.

Posted Apr 22, '14 at 1:36pm

Gantic

Gantic

9,692 posts

@MPH_Complexity @Olinser Thanks for your help. I managed to unlock it on O1. I was level 56 with 213 skill points and had enough mana for walls two towers and 2 level 4 gems. Ended up short on mana after emptying both shards through normal playthrough without gem bombs or cores. Finished the shards four or five waves before the end and had to wait for enough mana, but I got it.

Posted Apr 22, '14 at 9:42pm

bakkart

bakkart

314 posts

Got all the quests -- a little easier overall than the quests for the last GemCraft, I think. For me, the "Almost Ruined" was the toughest skill-wise, while some of the others like the level 12 gem were more of a waiting and grinding type.

Posted Apr 23, '14 at 9:10pm

ddevil6

ddevil6

114 posts

i have a problem with the quest "not worth it" from gemCraft Chasing Shadows
ingame i got it, but on ag website i didn't :(

http://i59.tinypic.com/r92vxs.jpg

Reply to GemCraft Chasing Shadows Quests

You must be logged in to post a reply!