ForumsGames[GENERAL] GemCraft CS Thoughts

465 152629
iladesta
iladesta
7 posts
Peasant

I was curious what everyone thinks of the game so far? Likes, Dislikes? Found any bugs yet?

• 465 Replies
equinoxe
equinoxe
8 posts
Shepherd

In,fin,ity damage
Traps are too laggy, this works even better!

equinoxe
equinoxe
8 posts
Shepherd

Removed my image, hopefully it and a few other methods of getting to wave 999 easily are fixed. Looking forward to start again once they are.

Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

Still no apparent way to get to G4, hex S, or get the last battle trait. Hex S may not exist. Peter has said that there are nine battle traits, so there's definitely one left to get.

waferthin
waferthin
8 posts
Nomad

Have you guys gotten this far, or do you mean levels on hex S.

http://imgur.com/AipEnyF

Keadius33
Keadius33
8 posts
Peasant

my only real complaint is I don't like shrines in this game i have yet to see any land where i could make good use of it.

lunae
lunae
22 posts
Nomad

waferthin: well, now i know what hextile S looks like and judging from that pic its clear to me why its inaccessible. thats where the spirit forge is and thus the next chapter or so the final journal notes say.

anywho, i suppose thats 1 mystery down and 3 to go: field G4, the missing battle trait, and what the bloody hell those friggin compasses are for or maybe peter could tell us if those were just for that 1 odd achievement or anything more.

so far the compasses seem to have about as much use as the lobby jewel in diablo 2 and anyone who has played the multiplayer on that game knows the lobby jewel does a massive amount of nothing useful regardless ofhow many times you click it.

hmmm... 7 compasses, each with 8 directions... bah, could be anything. OH and to waferthin since you managed to show us hextile S, does there happen to also be a Z hextile as well? i doubt that but like with compasses, you never know.

waferthin
waferthin
8 posts
Nomad

Nope, no Z hex. Also each of the 7 compasses (in alphabetical order by level) change one of the 7 gems that show up on the loading screen when you begin to play a level with a compass. For example in C2 (first compass level) when the compass is pointing north, the loading screen will show 7 gems, the first of which will be a grade 2. If you then change it to point north-east, quit and open up C2 again, the grade 2 gem while have changed to a grade 3. East = grade 4, south-east = grade 5, then back down to 1. Changing the direction of the compass on each map changes the corresponding gem between grades 1 and 5 (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 3, 2, 1 = 8 directions). Still no idea but there's that...

waferthin
waferthin
8 posts
Nomad

*1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 4, 3, 2 = 8 directions.

waferthin
waferthin
8 posts
Nomad

Also levels L5, W3, and X6 are missing in addition to G4.

In the description right under the game it lists "More than 140 stages to explore!". So far I count 135 with all available levels including Vision maps beaten on Looming. I'm thinking more maps open up once you beat certain levels on higher difficulties, or something with the **** compasses. I really feel like the Grey Trees / 11331791 achievement has something to do with them.

lunae
lunae
22 posts
Nomad

darn, thought i had something figured out between the grey trees achievement and compasses but by your info theres no 7 or 9 with the compasses.

gotta be something we're missing, somewhere

waferthin
waferthin
8 posts
Nomad

Oh and I have that last battle trait. Think I got it the same time I got hex S.

lunae
lunae
22 posts
Nomad

i have 132 fields found and beaten http://imgur.com/4LeKyNm explain that pic and how to unlock that darn hextile >.

lunae
lunae
22 posts
Nomad

i have 0 incomplete fields across all my current hextiles

Scottathon
Scottathon
13 posts
Peasant

There are 148 stages. G4, L5, W3, and X6 do exist, but I can't figure what unlocks them yet.

DarthMohawk1
DarthMohawk1
19 posts
Nomad

For the Grey Trees achievement... maybe the numbers are referring to the directions in which the numbers on the numpad are? So 11331791 would be SW, SW, SE, SE, SW, NW, NE, SW. But that would only work if there are 8 compasses... dammit, nevermind.

Showing 76-90 of 465