ForumsGames[GENERAL] GemCraft CS Thoughts

465 152714
iladesta
iladesta
7 posts
Peasant

I was curious what everyone thinks of the game so far? Likes, Dislikes? Found any bugs yet?

• 465 Replies
Oktavia_witch
Oktavia_witch
56 posts
Blacksmith

How to beat V2 and V4 fields?

Dirigibleclown
Dirigibleclown
11 posts
Nomad

There's at least one achievement that still talks about killing monsters with your Orb.
"Flea Trap"

ValcornLv2
ValcornLv2
7 posts
Shepherd

I have problems with talismans.
- Lv44
- Many levels played on "looming"
- a few levels played (10+-) on medium with traits + talismanbonus
I always get crappy ones, no matter what the rarity counter says.
For example: 4 - 26 + Bonus (10) and all I get is rarity 15-17.
That happened more 5 times, maybe I have no luck, or the rarity formula is not constant. (wich means 20 is very very much harder to get than 4, event both is within the range of 4 to 26)

Oktavia_witch
Oktavia_witch
56 posts
Blacksmith

Don't bother with amulets and traits past 1-2 points in each each on low levels. It just doesn't worth it.

equinoxe
equinoxe
8 posts
Shepherd

Well, 999 endurance waves is very hard to do now, even on looming difficulty with nearly maxed all skills. I did around 825 waves with grade 92-93 gems. Poolbound is now very weak compared to bloodbound late game.
It was reduced too much, but I like the changes.

llegion
llegion
2 posts
Jester

Anyone mind sharing where the bloodhound skill is?

lunae
lunae
22 posts
Nomad

so THATS what that does and why it uses mana... heres a helpful gem bomb trick, duplication bombing: left click the gem bomb icon in battle then after that hold shift and left click at your target to throw dupes of the currently highlighted gem at the cost of mana instead of simply emptying your inventory over and over again. this way you pay for bombing in mana versus actually using up your gems in the inventory.

lunae
lunae
22 posts
Nomad

thats why the icon turns yellow after left clicking it then holding shift instead of shift clicking it. as normal it lasts so long as you hold shift. not sure but these 3 might or might not be the only methods of bombing (manual bombing, just left click the icon = white. auto (using gems), shift + left click = orange (just keep clicking as needed until your out of gems). left click then hold shift = alt. auto (can click till out of mana, if your replinish rate is high enough you could get inf ammo/gem wasps doing this mode)

waferthin
waferthin
8 posts
Nomad

Unlocking S requires beating X5 by completing all the waves instead of charging the nodes. The same might be true for V1 and V2.

Scottathon - How do you know there are 148 stages?

G1deon
G1deon
3 posts
Nomad

I beat X5 on looming w/o charging nodes. I got tile S and token to Y4. Y4 gave token to Y5 and Y5 to Y6. Y6 token looks like cracked version of regular token and i cant tell you any more because spoilers.

equinoxe
equinoxe
8 posts
Shepherd

I suspected as much from X5. I tried to complete all waves before, but using battle traits, and it made me fail for not the completing the objective around wave 100, so make sure not to use any.
I expect that it's a bug, not rewarding you for completing it with nodes..

Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

So, I'm at 136 fields explored including Y4-6. I have the prize from Y6. Still no fields in the S hex, and fields like G4 are missing as well.

I attempted to beat V1 without charging, but no dice. That is some seriously hard stuff. I die around wave 74-75 each attempt.

I have 113 achievements left to get out of the 403 total shown in the panel. 80 of the ones I have yet to get are field-specific. I wonder if a certain achievement unlocks some of those fields?

Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

Also attempted: field G3 at Haunting and opening the tomb. I succeeded, but there was no special reward.

G1deon
G1deon
3 posts
Nomad

There is 11 combinations for compass, some of them will give you talismans, some will give you field tokens.

aninatorc
aninatorc
2 posts
Shepherd

Anyone have any tips on the tome for C2?

Showing 91-105 of 465