ForumsGames[GENERAL] GemCraft CS Thoughts

465 152721
iladesta
iladesta
7 posts
Peasant

I was curious what everyone thinks of the game so far? Likes, Dislikes? Found any bugs yet?

• 465 Replies
Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

Eleven possible combinations? I see 78125. How are you arriving at eleven?

waferthin
waferthin
8 posts
Nomad

I'm at a total loss. I feel like I'm missing something obvious. 11 combinations? what does the cracked token mean??

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

Figured out compasses - you should set all gem grades to 5, then complete map.

Ebondreamer
Ebondreamer
8 posts
Peasant

11 combinations of what, exactly? You need to set compasses in a certain direction or... what?

Completed V1 w/o charging the nodes. Was pretty hard and after wave 99 finished it just destroyed the orb and counted as defeat.

Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

And what is the method to set them to grade 5?

Ebondreamer
Ebondreamer
8 posts
Peasant

nvm that, there is a post about setting them a few pages back

about the Y6 cracked talisman - more than a few talismans are actually like that. I doon't think it's special in that regard.

waferthin
waferthin
8 posts
Nomad

Not sure if I broke my game but i unlocked the compasses for the first time and saw a field token pop out. Didn't beat the level but quit hoping it would just show up. It didn't. The compasses changed so i did it again and saw a talisman pop out. Quit again (brilliant I know), and didn't get the talisman. Tried it a third time and got a field token, beat the level and after every monster was killed it just stayed there on the screen, the victory menu didn't drop down. Manually quit. Tried it a FOURTH time, for another field token, won,victory menu showed up and it says I unlocked O4 which shows up as if I have beaten it on looming, with 1 of the 3 "dots" on the token already highlighted. And when I go to the main menu and select my profile the "Fields Explored" dropped from 135 to 134... Ideas?

suti3000
suti3000
3 posts
Peasant

Can somebody explain the mana leech + poolbound traps to me, can't make it work (to farm huge amounts of mana)

suti3000
suti3000
3 posts
Peasant

I'm using a poolbound+mana+chain gem in a trap, surrounded by 6 amplifiers with the same gem (lower grade), but it doesn't really makes too much mana. I'm only lvl 75, maybe that's the problem?

sonic2083
sonic2083
11 posts
Peasant

[url=http://imgur.com/lVpHbva]

too bad its not working anymore - any thoughts on effective manafarm
beyond wave ~200? neither poolbound nor bloodbound seem to work ;(

lunae
lunae
22 posts
Nomad

"Eleven possible combinations? I see 78125. How are you arriving at eleven?"

o.O figured it was a high number, wasn't sure just how high though but that is a lot of combinations to test.

"Figured out compasses - you should set all gem grades to 5, then complete map."

will test that once the game loads.

"Unlocking S requires beating X5 by completing all the waves instead of charging the nodes. The same might be true for V1 and V2."

and to this...i just assumed doing that would result in a defeat, then again doing that counted as an alternate method of victory in the pylon fields of labyrinth so i guess i shouldn't really be surprised.

Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

Setting all gems to grade 5 then completing the map does indeed reward you a new field - D6. There are likely many other combinations.

Unlocking the S hex is confirmed, though only the hex is opened. No fields have been discovered yet that I am aware of. Completing X5 without charging to unlock X also rewards you with Y4 (which chains to Y5 and Y6, giving you a nice bonus at the end).

Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

Completing A4 on Glaring to get the achievement (Don't have a gem of grade more than 6 on Glaring) just awarded me field A6. I had completed the level before on Looming. No idea if it was specific to me completing that task or if it had something to do with me completing so many other achievements.

Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

And now I just got B6 for completing "Still Alive B1" (Complete 60 waves on B1).

Well, time to grind the rest of these board achievements.

Stachel
Stachel
1 posts
Shepherd

hey,
i wanted to ask how to get to the point when the W/O/R trap snowballs ahead, i never quite manage to set it up.

btw. beacons can also be blocked by setting up walls in a grid-patern

Showing 106-120 of 465