ForumsGames[GENERAL] GemCraft CS Thoughts

465 152767
iladesta
iladesta
7 posts
Peasant

I was curious what everyone thinks of the game so far? Likes, Dislikes? Found any bugs yet?

• 465 Replies
DJFaust
DJFaust
20 posts
Nomad

How can I play levels at a different difficulty? There only seems to be 'looming'..

Second that.
zigemm
zigemm
7 posts
Peasant

Also another thing I noticed is that when the bug happens it seems there is a non existent gem in my inventory. http://puu.sh/7Xj9D.jpg

pewpewsword12
pewpewsword12
24 posts
Shepherd

@DJFaust

It appears that you can unlock medium later in the game, and if you purchased the pouch you can unlock hard later in the game too.

boobelessb
boobelessb
8 posts
Nomad

Did the game update or something? I no longer get damage from bombing the globe, nor can I place any amplifying towers.
The developer really needs to explain the changes better...

Livra
Livra
7 posts
Farmer

what to do with compas?

Scottathon
Scottathon
13 posts
Peasant

The next level difficulty, Glaring, is unlocked at K4.

drewg22
drewg22
24 posts
Shepherd

Level 52 now and no amplifier yet - what map is that on?

Also, how do you change difficulty?

Oktavia_witch
Oktavia_witch
56 posts
Blacksmith

****, those amplifiers and traps at G2 seriously screw my attempt in getting tome.
Is it even possible to get tome there without investing into Demolition?

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

Where the heck *IS* field G? I'm so ready for amplifiers, but not knowing what undiscovered fields are is killing me. I keep guessing wrong.

Also on some map, I found a compass that was pointing north west. I didn't notice it until late in the map, and I don't know if messing with it screwed me up, but the end of the map I was stuck with "1 monster attacking" that I couldn't see and couldn't kill. Probably it was a bug, but if it had something to do with the compass it's not intuitive or obvious at all. I tried all sorts of positions for the compass, no difference. (Then I accidentally closed the browser and I guess it might not matter now.)

So yeah, where is G? Above/below/left of/right of what field(s)?

Oktavia_witch
Oktavia_witch
56 posts
Blacksmith

You can access it from field J. I know, it's not obvious that tome here requires to get further in order to get spell.
Btw, did anyone complete at least one "Vision" field? I tried V4 but shadow here completely wrecked me, I don't remember having her in GCL this early.
V1 seems to require charging all ensnaring nodes, but I don't think it's possible to do without reducing freeze cooldown.

GCZero
GCZero
8 posts
Farmer

I managed to get through V4. I got lucky and the shadow hung out by my towers as I wiped a wave and I downed her right away. I haven't had much luck charging the nodes in general, I tried V1 a couple times and got dominated both times.

As above I am wondering what the Compasses do.

LiquidKryptonite
LiquidKryptonite
30 posts
Jester

You get an achievement if you spin the Compass enough times. I think there's more to the Compass(es) than just that though...

lunae
lunae
22 posts
Nomad

o.O anyone else come across this odd mystery in map E3? http://imgur.com/1pynwAs,5QAiSl6

1. theres a pattern in that maps loading screen (only map thats happened at so far)

and 2. what is the compass in the lower right corner of that map for?

SugarBaby756
SugarBaby756
35 posts
Shepherd

There are more maps with compasses (E3, J2, K2). Considering the places they take on world map, I daresay they all should point towards something. (My guess is Spiritforge). Gem pattern on loading screen is the same for all 3 of them (for me it's 2313524). Those may be coordinates or a gem bomb order or amplifier order.

SugarBaby756
SugarBaby756
35 posts
Shepherd

http://imgur.com/YTL6zhp

So I've done a quick draw or world map and all the things I know / have guesses about. If you have any information, please do tell so I can fix this map.

Showing 16-30 of 465