ForumsGames[GENERAL] GemCraft CS Thoughts

465 152822
iladesta
iladesta
7 posts
Peasant

I was curious what everyone thinks of the game so far? Likes, Dislikes? Found any bugs yet?

• 465 Replies
Oktavia_witch
Oktavia_witch
56 posts
Blacksmith

Seems like "challenge" levels require certain achievements to get.
I got A6 and G4 while fast-forwarding previous levels on haunted difficulty.

Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

Good catch, Oktavia. I had completed the rest of Hex G's achievement challenges and got nothing. After completing all of them on Haunted, I received the field marker for G4. Here's what I have so far:

A6 - Complete the achievement "Laying Low A4 Glaring"
B6 - Complete the achievement "Still Alive B1"
D6 - Set all compass pieces to tier 5 (enter/exit the battlefield to check) and beat the final one that drops the field marker. I completed this on the X7 field, if that makes a difference.
Y4-Y6 - Complete all waves on X5 without charging up the gem.
G4 - Complete the rest of Hex G on Haunted difficulty

anexoticllama
anexoticllama
8 posts
Nomad

[quote]Setting all gems to grade 5 then completing the map does indeed reward you a new field - D6. There are likely many other combinations.

Could someone tell me which orientations each needs? My pc loads the game really quick and I can never catch a glimpse, even with prntscrn.

Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

It changes from person to person. If you change your skills, it resets.

Ell1e
Ell1e
15 posts
Scribe

B6 hast to be tied to something else, I have Still Alive B1 and I didn't get it. Maybe it's "get all B achievements"?

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

"Setting all gem grades to 5"

What the hell are you guys talking about? I went back pages and can't find enough posts about the compass, orientation, and loading screen gems to make sense of any of this. I've tried changing the compass direction and restarting the map - the compass stays pointing whatever direction I set it to, but the loading screen gems never change. Do I need to finish the map after each direction change or something?

Can we get an explanation, an entire explanation, in one post? Because there isn't even one spread across 30 posts right now. I consider myself a fairly intelligent, educated man, but have no clue what's going on other than "CLICK IT, NOTHING HAPPENS" and then maybe some drool or whatever.

Oktavia_witch
Oktavia_witch
56 posts
Blacksmith

You have to leave a map and re-enter, not restart it.

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

Ok, did that, and in eight positions of the compass only one gem ever hit grade 5. In fact, I'm pretty sure only one gem changed at all. So is that what is meant, test the compass positions until you see one single grade 5, or ALL of the loading screen gems as grade 5?

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

Just finished the map with no skill points invested and the compass in the one position that showed a single grade 5, nothing other than a "do this map with no skill points" achievement. Still have no idea what the compass is for.

Livra
Livra
7 posts
Farmer

How can i get to the C field? I have A, B, D, E and so on, but no C.

Elvenspirit
Elvenspirit
6 posts
Peasant

inthrees i think he's confused with some stages having special achievement conditions to unlock stuff.

Ell1e
Ell1e
15 posts
Scribe

Okay, update on the B6 situation: Getting all the B achievements didn't help, but when I finished B1 on Glaring, I got B6 unlocked. So, presumably, the unlock conditions are "did all the B challenges and finished at least one B field on glaring difficulty".

I didn't get anything else done and it was a regular B1 field without any traits, so that's probably it. I'm guessing the other fields might have similar requirements.

blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

Ok so when you change a compass, return to the map and then enter the level again, the compass stays in the position you just put it in. Every time you change a compass, it changes the grade of the gems in the loading screens, and the max grade of those gems is 5. So i'm guessing you have to set all these gems to grade 5. Spending or taking back skill points did not reset anything.
I don't know if this is player bound, but for me the compass on field K2 had to point southwest and changed the middle gem in grade 5.
Hopes this helps!

blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

pointing the compass on field E3 to the northeast changed the second gem to grade 5.

Ebondreamer
Ebondreamer
8 posts
Peasant

lunae,
""Unlocking S requires beating X5 by completing all the waves instead of charging the nodes. The same might be true for V1 and V2."

and to this...i just assumed doing that would result in a defeat, then again doing that counted as an alternate method of victory in the pylon fields of labyrinth so i guess i shouldn't really be surprised."

I posted literally two posts above that I've done V1 without charging, and it resulted in defeat.

InThrees,
About the compasses, on page 7 or 8 of comments there was a post about setting compasses. Big and detailed. tl;dr - there are 7 compasses, each of which controls one of the gems on the loading screen. The combination isn't local for each level, but global. Each compass's direction corresponds to a grade of gem - with northeast being grade and further clockwise being 2,3,4,5,4,3,2. Meaning, you have to enter each level with a compass, set it to southeast, then exit the level - except for the last one, which you need to beat after setting the compass.

Showing 121-135 of 465