ForumsGamesYour History with Flash Games! (and a little intro from me)

1 2325
hazardjoe
hazardjoe
1 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone. My name is hazardjoe. My friends call me haz, and I love me some flash games. I love them a lot. A LOT. Some of you that still lurk around a little game known as Colony might know me from there, but since I don't play many other games on this site (Kongregate!), I would like to take a little time to introduce myself and get to know many of you the best way I know how. By talking about similiar things. Since this is a flash game website, I think it is appropriate to begin my forums career by talking about the games themselves, and specifically, my history with them. I hope you all can share your experiences with each other, and have a fun time as well. Without further ado(is that how you spell it?), I shall start the conversation with my own history with this elegant form of entertainment.

Back when I was in elementary school, my classmates and I would always have to go to the computer room in our school for projects and education stuff. We were all pretty bright, so many of us would finish our assignments before we would have to leave(or could leave). Our teachers would always see a lot of us bored and doing odd things, so he eventually allowed us to go to a website that shall be forever remembered by me, coolmath-games.com. Many games on this website aren't worth mentioning, except for one I am sure many of you are familiar with, Bloons Tower Defense. Through this one little gem, I found myself branching out to many other flash game websites, including the one you are on right now. Anyways, through the bloons series, I navigated my self to ninjakiwi.com, run by some beautiful people that make beautiful games. The bloons series also got me interested in strategy flash games, of which well done one were hard to find at that time. Back then, there was pretty much only one game in the strategy genre that was worth to play back then. That was an epic known as StickWar, hosted on the dinosaur of a website known as stickpage.com. After I beat that game, I decided to explore the inventory of diverse games to be found elsewhere on the site. Through my time, however, I came to see one name that popped up in many place throughout the games of that domain. That name was MaxGames.com I realized that since so many of my favorite titles were already on a different website, i should probably try it out myself. I liked max games a whole lot more than stickpage, mainly since it had a lot more games, but visiting the site now makes me realize how much of a fool I was. A mediocre game search system, no account to save progress, and no forums to browse left me looking for more. For the next few years, I would scrape the internet, trying to find the perfect gaming website for me. And I could never find one. My interest in flash games dimmed, and I was starting to lose faith in this business. By some stroke of luck however, I found a beam of shining light on the horizon. That beam, fellow players, was Armorgames.com Through the forums on this wonderful place, I found out about another amazing website, kongregate, with many great things to play with as well. This place, however, just kept making me come back. Somehow, this website kept caling me back to it, as if there was a force pulling me back. So here I stayed, for years and years. Playing the games, watching the players, and staying around. I have never posted on the forums until now, but it is quite an honor to be part of a community like this.

So there you have it. From coolmath, to stickpage, to maxgames, to here, kongregate, and back again, you have heard my history with flash games. I would love to elaborate on the specific and memorable experiences I have had with this medium, but I did want to keep my story a little short. Thanks for reading, and I hope you have a nice day.

• 1 Reply
Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

Nice story, hazardjoe. I'm sure it must have felt like a journey to go through these gaming sites (but an exciting one, hopefully).

Showing 1-1 of 1