ForumsThe Tavern(Late April Fools': Parts 1 & 2) What are the Odds of this Happening?

19 10583
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

After logging in my front page was all ads for World of Warplanes.

Here's a screencap:
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/Reton8/AG%20Image%20Uploads/WhtWWP.jpg

What are the chances? But, it might not be that strange. I've seen the World of Warplanes ad many times before games, so maybe they bought a lot of ad space (or however it works) and their ads show up a lot, or they paid for a full front page of ads, or maybe my previous browsing habits had an effect. But the whole front page being focused on one thing is new to me.

• 19 Replies
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Okay, I have to admit, this was just a late (and lame) April Fools joke (solely on my part). I never actually got a front page full of World of Warplanes ads, it's all image editing (I put the ads in there). This was the first part of a three part joke. Why three parts, because of the rule of three.

Part one, I wanted the occurrence of all the same ads to look real and not over-the-top, in order to hook the audience. Hence, I started with just a full page of World of Warplanes ads and not the games. But that was only part one of the this (lame) three part April Fools' joke.

Part two was to say that it had happened again. Part 2 served to build up the believability and build some suspense for the joke. This was the Rio 2 ads. Although that image is actually real (saved me a lot of time doing image editing).

Part three occurred in a separate thread, as for it not to be buried within this thread. Part three is where I edited all the ads, games, promoted games, and even the news to be World of Warplanes or World of Warplanes related. I'm surprised know one noticed the World of WarVeterans blurb I put in the news section (it's not a real game or a real news article).
Here is a link to part three: What's going on with the Front Page!?

Perhaps someone noticed, but didn't say anything. Perhaps the joke was just to unfunny to bother to point out. Either way,

Happy and far belated April Fools'!

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

But I actually had the Rio thing happen to me. Just never expanded the trailer.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

But I actually had the Rio thing happen to me.

I had that same thing happen to me, but instead of Rio 2, it was Peabody & Sherman ads.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Full page ads is pretty common across the web. It probably costs more for the company to by all the space at once, but they can actually be kind of cool, the way all the spaces coordinate and stuff.

Showing 16-19 of 19