ForumsGames(necro) GemCraft: CS Compasses

16 12998
LynxyClancy
LynxyClancy
1 posts
Nomad

Anyone willing to share the knowledge about what to do with these apart from achievement?

Thanks!

• 16 Replies
dfnord
dfnord
26 posts
Farmer

There is some information scattered around. Non edited:

kay. I am gonna tell more about the compass and the gems in the loadingscreen.
There are 7 compasses. And 7 gems in the loadingscreen of the level where compasses are in.
Every compass is one of the gems.
The compass in the C-Hexagon is the first gem in the loading screen.
C=1, E=2, J=3, K=4, O=5, U=6, X=7

If you turn the compass of C (E,J,K,O,U,X) his gem will change one tier higher/lower. It reaches from Tier 1 to 5.
Now we only need to find what code we need to put there.
I tryed all tier 1 and all tier 5 but nothing happend.
The "code" from the "Grey-Trees" achievement has 8 digits
11331791. So You cant put that there.
Help me find out what they mean and what the right code for ******** is. "****" Since I dont know what it will unlock. I just know what it does :/

Following Hexagons/Levels have a Compass:
C2, E3, J2, K2, O3, U4, X7

I already won all VisionField... But I just found out how to unlock another level. Turn the compasses so that ALL the 7 gems are tier 5. It will unlock D6 i think

Setting all gems to grade 5 then completing the map does indeed reward you a new field - D6. There are likely many other combinations.

http://jayisgames.com/archives/2014/04/gemcraft_chasing_shadows.php
E3 (2nd)
2 (1) 3 3 1 3 4 (N)

J2 (3rd)
2 1 (3) 3 1 3 4 (SE)

K1 (4th)
2 1 3 (3) 1 3 4 (E)

O3 (5th)
2 1 3 3 (1) 3 4 (NE)

Legend is as follows
Field (Position)
Number Sequence (Cardinal Direction)
blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

When you enter a field with a compass, you can see gems during the loading screen. These gems have a certain grade. If you change a compass, return to the map, and than enter the field again, one of these gems has changed grades. The highest grade possible is grade 5, so I'm guessing you have to change all gems to grade 5, and then something will happen.

dfnord
dfnord
26 posts
Farmer

In a nutshell: it unlocks field D6. Don't worry about it until you have fields the later maps like O3, U4, X7. It may do more....

ewcikewqikd
ewcikewqikd
3 posts
Farmer

there was a bug that happened to me because of my laziness and haste.

I was setting all of them to grade 5. And on the last battle, I turned it to the right spot and I saw that the compass dropped a field token. Without completing that battle, I exited the game into the map. As a result, I didn't open the unlocked field.

The gem grade of the compasses resets to some random sequence. Then I replay the fields and set all of them to grade 5 again. And this time, I got a talisman fragment. So I cannot unlock the field again.

Craven1138
Craven1138
7 posts
Peasant

It seems I have the same problem. I lost in battle with final compass. In that battle I clicked it and saw it drop a token. After the battle all of the compasses randomized.

Later I beat X7, i set all compasses into right positions (different this time but icons were all lvl5) won battle on last map. No token. But I'll try it again, just in case the bug was fixed.

ewcikewqikd
ewcikewqikd
3 posts
Farmer

I retry it again and I actually think that the dropping of field token or fragment is randomized. You get either one. But there's a specific fragment for each of the 7 compass field.

For for some reason I don't see the compass gems anymore.
I heard that you can only do this for 11 times. I didn't count it but it was around 11 times.

ewcikewqikd
ewcikewqikd
3 posts
Farmer

I can provide some information on what I got:
Looming difficulty:
C2 drops 42 rarity fragment.
E3 drops 34 rarity fragment.
J2 drops ? rarity fragment.
K2 drops 65 rarity fragment (+ 1 level on enchantment skills).
O3 drops ? rarity fragment.
U4 drops ? rarity fragment.
X7 drops ? rarity fragment.
I don't have any chance to test other difficulty unless I start a new game.

C2 drops ? field token.
E3 drops ? field token.
J2 drops P6, Q7 field tokens
K2 drops ? field token
O3 drops ? field token
U4 drops U7 field token
X7 drops X6 field token

I really want to know what rarity fragment X7 drops.

SugarBaby756
SugarBaby756
35 posts
Shepherd

Nah, drops are predetermined and you can get all the fragments and the tokens by doing E2.

Craven1138
Craven1138
7 posts
Peasant

Yeah I did a tours and finishing in all fields this is what I got:

C2 - 73 rarity (!!!)
E3 - X6
J2 - 42 rarity
K2 - O4
O3 - Q7
U4 - 65 rarity (!)
X7 - 58 rarity

Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

It doesn't seem to matter which field you finish in. Once you finish it 11 times, you've gotten all the rewards.

momoJR
momoJR
1 posts
Scribe

last time i was playing and i saw one compass, i moved two or three times, i won the field and i don´t know if that is the reason or there is another explain but now i have abailave the violet gem in all the fields

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

nope, gem colors are obtained only with skill tomes.

gryphern
gryphern
2 posts
Farmer

I got a level 90 talisman from the compass puzzle on my first win on X7, with the difficulties maxed out (difficulty level haunting, battle traits maxed).

The second time I won a compass puzzle talisman on X7 it was level 65 (Looming difficulty, only orblet trait increased.)

Could the base level of the talisman given be increased by the difficulty modifiers? In both cases the talisman was roughly 25 levels higher than what the level produced on its own.

gryphern
gryphern
2 posts
Farmer

One other note, the puzzle alternates whether is drops a talisman or a field token. I skipped the field tokens and just farmed the high level talismans by exiting the level when I got a field token.

Also-- in addenum to the previous post, I had the rarity modifier (+10 to rarity) engaged when I won the compass puzzle talismans.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

There is already a thread about this, it explains everything and can be found here:
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12291687/gemcraft-cs-secrets-guide-spoilers

Showing 1-15 of 16