ForumsGamesGemcraft chasin shadow, how to kill with orb?

4 6102
thebigbox
thebigbox
61 posts
Blacksmith

Theres a few acheivements that requires killing monsters with the orb but i cant figure out how? all i can do is reducing banishement cost.

Also i have no idea whats orblets,

help plz

• 4 Replies
blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

The feature that gave damage to your orb is removed.

ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

The achievement for killing a monster with your orb is currently unobtainable; that feature turned out to be broken so it got removed but they forgot to deal with the achievements related to it.

Orblets are a battle trait (I THINK they require the Magician's Pouch but don't quote me on that) that adds some number of orblets to your orb that increase your mana regeneration. When monsters reach your orb, instead of attacking your orb and being banished (or killing you), they steal an orblet instead and try to run back to where they spawned from. If they escape with your orblet, your mana generation takes a huge hit. If you kill the monster, the orblet will automatically roll back to your orb and if it makes it all the way back, you get that amount of mana generation back (so it's like it never got stolen). Increasing the trait level increases the number of orblets you get as well as the number of waves added to the battle (at max, you get nine orblets [total of 45% extra mana generation, if all are successfully stolen then you get a total penalty of -90% mana generation] and seven extra waves).

thebigbox
thebigbox
61 posts
Blacksmith

SO i cant complete orblets acheivements without premium?

Reechi
Reechi
14 posts
Peasant

How broken was the orb damage function?

I managed to play around 5 games with it when I was very early in the game, and a very fun thing to do was this:
Select a level which has shrines and send in all the waves. You'll get tons of mana and xp, and mosters will come in huge swarms. Wait until you have a good position and create a lvl 2-3-4 gem use it in a shrine and kill masses. You get thousands of mana, which you can use to activate more shrines and get even more or simply start gembombing your orb. The damage on your orb becomes so high that you can oneshot everything in at least the 1st 2/3 of waves, and if you continue investing in your orb nothing will get through.
It's so funny that even as a lvl 10ish wizard you can beat a level almost instantly without towers and traps, and get a maximal killchain.

A less exploity way of orbbombing was making your orb only as strong so you oneshot swarmlings and setting the targets on all of your gems to ignore swarmlings. This way you could save mana you would have spent fighting them in addition being able to anger them several times without any disadvantages.

Btw how did you use orbbombing while you could, and what exploits did you find?
I wish I started playing this game sooner so I could have used it with spells and tried it against more waves and against giants too.

Showing 1-4 of 4