ForumsGamesGemcraft 2 CS: shadow blocking UI

14 4367
buldozeer
buldozeer
9 posts
Nomad

How to prevent that shadow thing, that is blocking UI and does not let you to play?

If this 'feature' is not preventable, i will not bother myself playing this anymore.

http://imgur.com/MYmHWbf

• 14 Replies
buldozeer
buldozeer
9 posts
Nomad

sorry, proper image:
http://i.imgur.com/MYmHWbf.jpg

Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

You don't. It's a part of the game once you get far enough into the story. Sending a lot of waves seems to trigger it, as does playing at higher difficulty.

buldozeer
buldozeer
9 posts
Nomad

that is killing all the fun.. i hope it will be removed

Oktavia_witch
Oktavia_witch
56 posts
Blacksmith

How does it kill fun?

buldozeer
buldozeer
9 posts
Nomad

How does it kill fun?

you can not call many waves early - you will lose control if this thing happens

once i've seen how the spectre appeared during this thing and carried away my main gem - and i could do nothing
Oktavia_witch
Oktavia_witch
56 posts
Blacksmith

And what forbids you to put two gems, second one being with "special" priority?

ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

And what forbids you to put two gems, second one being with "special" priority?

If you can only afford to keep one gem relevant (in terms of damage) because you're REALLY late in the level, popping out a second gem that can kill the specter on its own before it gets your gem is nigh-impossible. And then if the interface-freeze happens at the same time as the specter, you just lost the level.

I have ~120 fields completed, some multiple times (for achievements/Glaring difficulty), and this exact scenario (Forgotten freezes you while a specter's stealing your one good gem) has happened to me a grand total of one time, which in my book is one time too many. That one time happened to be during the second-to-last wave of F3 on Glaring with all traits maxed (well, the 8 that I had available were maxed, I'm still missing the one in the bottom-right corner), and it's the main reason I'm never attempting that again.
ifju
ifju
91 posts
Shepherd

Once you beat the final stage, it won't appear again, only in Haunting difficulty.

Oktavia_witch
Oktavia_witch
56 posts
Blacksmith

If you can only afford to keep one gem relevant (in terms of damage) because you're REALLY late in the level, popping out a second gem that can kill the specter on its own before it gets your gem is nigh-impossible. And then if the interface-freeze happens at the same time as the specter, you just lost the level.

Sounds like someone doesn't have manafarming gem.
Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

The key really is to have a minimum of two gems, even if you can only keep one about 2 levels below the other. Set one to be "Highest Banishment Cost / Special". Even then, control-click sendALLthewaves isn't a great idea if you're not 110% sure you can handle every possibility.

Nemenemenes
Nemenemenes
24 posts
Shepherd

I didn't see this yet and I would definitely be sad if it is removed based on the comments of a few players. I may have a different definition of "challenge and fun" but this looks pretty much like a good challenge to me.

liku779
liku779
8 posts
Peasant

Ah ah ah was careless and it happened to me after a hudge agro of the wave..had 8 trap for each entrance lv16 many kill gem up to lv22
Ten I sent all wave... got like almost 10 apparition/ thieves and white and multicolor apparition.. 1 shadow and the hudge wave with uber swarms and giants ...

I think it s fun you have to be careful

No gem stolen... but missed almost all big target

Dragonmaster0283
Dragonmaster0283
17 posts
Nomad

I iagree, I like the element of suprise, gotta prepare for the "what if" to. Hope they dont change it as its a nice feature.

blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

I like this aswell. But its only for like 1 wave, if you can't even manage that you weren't gonna survive anyway.
I find the spires more annoying, attack them once and you are basically screwed cause no matter what you do, your gems keep attacking it. Is that a bug btw or is that a feature?

Showing 1-14 of 14