Jester

When I'm talking about "random events," I'm referring to the following:

--Apparitions appearing and existing for a bit
--Spectres trying to steal your gems
--Shadows spawning in
--Spires spawning in
--The Forgotten angering waves
--The Forgotten freezing the interface temporarily
--Anything else like this that might activate once I get farther in the game (currently stuck on field X2, every other available tile has been completed on Looming)

If anyone's beat the game already, can you tell me if these things go away or get even worse once that's done? I'm not looking for details on the fight or anything, I just want to know if there's a way to make them go away. I've had good runs ruined by Spire spawns or "getting frozen" happening at exactly the wrong time, resulting in incredible frustration on my end as a hugely successful (and lucrative in terms of XP) run gets halted by something that's seemingly out of my control. (It doesn't help that you can't make your gems ignore Spires, but that's a different problem entirely.)

I know that the screen borders flicker whenever one of these things is coming, and if there's a way to distinguish between which one's coming then I haven't figured it out yet, but each one of these things requires something different to deal with (Apparitions - ignore them unless it's safe, Spectres - Let them get close then freeze + empower the relevant gems -> watch the fireworks, Shadows - Beam empower an armor shred gem and freeze the Shadow near it while building towers near the orb, Spires - Trail of towers between its spawn and your orb, fill with low level gems, pray it doesn't get near your main gems, Forgotten angering - Maybe upgrade your gems or get ready to do some empowering, hopefully you haven't already angered too much, Forgotten freezing - Hopefully you're not in trouble...) and it's fairly hard to make sure I'm prepared for ALL of them while still keeping my main gems relevant in the 70+ wave levels I'm dealing with this far in the game...

tl;dr: Do these random things go away eventually? If not, how could I better deal with them?

• 12 Replies
Showing 16-15 of 12