ForumsGames[Locked] Gemcraft 2 - Please help

8 2669
vetokend
vetokend
28 posts
Peasant

I feel like my mana pool is all messed up after a patch on April 7th, and nobody seems to have noticed, or been impacted by it. I think it's taking me way longer to level up my mana pool now.

To help see if it's just me, I'm asking anybody to please post how much mana they need to increase their mana pool level from 9 to 10, along with their mana stream skill level.

Thanks to anybody that can help. I hope my save isn't messed up.

Veto

• 8 Replies
Elvenspirit
Elvenspirit
6 posts
Peasant

If you were using mana/chain traps they were an exploit, the particular gem hit single enemies 100x + the amount of times it should.

The solution is to make long mana gem paths about to the radius at least to your freeze spell and freeze mobs on top of them. (cha ching!)

there have been many other adjustments that will reduce your mana growth speed via rebalancing oversights and bugs.

please share your mana pool extension costs and players will let you know if this is abnormal but i believe it's just an update change honestly.

vetokend
vetokend
28 posts
Peasant

43394 mana required to go from mana pool level 9 to 10, at mana stream skill level 13. Please cross reference for sanity.

Unfortunately I was too late to take advantage of the mana pool gems, I just noticed this in casual play.

Veto

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

Mana farming is currently broken, as compared to the two previous versions, and it makes me sad. In Chapter 0 you could set up a farm that would generate, per monster, far far far more mana than it would take to banish that monster many multiple times. When I went for high score runs in Ch0, I would anger waves to ridiculous health and armor levels, way past what I could kill - but it was ok because my mana farm would keep me alive until I had the gems to kill them. Two thousand, three thousand, four thousand monsters in the maze at a time...

Just can't seem to do that now. Maybe at ultra-high levels, which I'm not, but meh, part of the fun for me is getting the levels early and then going for a high score on each map that I encounter.

The pool also does seem to level up a bit slower, but I think Elvenspirit is probably right - that's because the mana farm has been fixed... It's just fixed too much.

vetokend
vetokend
28 posts
Peasant

Roger that.. Still looking for somebody to give me a frame of reference though. Need some numbers!

Thanks,

Veto

ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

You're not nuts; I have level 13 mana stream and it also takes me about that much to go from 9 to 10.

It's upsetting because i was hitting pool level 14 or 15 with that much mana on launch night (played until 4 in the morning :3) and now I can barely reach 10 on most maps...

weirdjudge
weirdjudge
4 posts
Farmer

agreed, mana pool is way lower,

I made it to pool 10, same time as 10k mana, so, maybe it was at 23k mana?

Now, the 17k I normally needed for lvl 9, is now lvl 7 mana pool

vetokend
vetokend
28 posts
Peasant

Whew, thanks all. I feel a bit better now.

Veto

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Looks like the answer was solved, closing it down.

This is an old thread, for general GemCraft CS Chat please GO HERE.

Showing 1-8 of 8