ForumsGamestwo questions about gemcraft Chasing Shadows

4 4666
Catharsis51
Catharsis51
10 posts
Nomad

hi.

I need some explanations about white and black gems, when i combine them with, for example, yellow gem, i saw that i lost some power for critical damage, and i dont know if it's good idea to combine them with these gems.

Same thing with mana drain (orange) gem, if i combine it with white or black, i lost some mana gain and i dont think it's good idea to combine them.

anyone have good tips for a good mana drain tips?

second question : with the update of the game, is it necessary to restart a new game or reset achievement for be able to unlock all of them, or it will be patched later? (for example kill an enemy with my orb)

sorry for my poor english, it's hard to find good words to explain this two point.

thanks

• 4 Replies
blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

The poolbound and bloodbound gems are defenitely worth putting into your gem combos. Although their usefulness is limited in the early game. I think Black and white gems aren't really neceseary when you are just completing levels, but when you go for high xp, you should defenitely put them in your combinations.

For your mana farm: a couple of Orange-red-white gems in traps with a pure blue one in front.

Dragonmaster0283
Dragonmaster0283
17 posts
Nomad

The reason they lose power is due to the multi-gem effects. All gems lose special power when combined with a different gem.

Dual Gems get a 20% boost to damage at the expense to -30% of their specials for example. When you hover over the gem, it'll tell you what the multi-gem does to the base stats of the gems.

Achievements that require the orb kills are bugged and with either be fixed in a future update to the game, the orb ability will be re-added (once balanced), or be changed to something else.

Catharsis51
Catharsis51
10 posts
Nomad

okay that's great, thanks for answers guys, i will try to put black and white in my comination, i want do every level on haunted and maximum xp, and i dont know if i should put black or white + red + Yellow on my principal tower.

blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

White-red-yellow in your primary tower is better for the late game.

Showing 1-4 of 4