ForumsGamesGemcraft CS - Complete List of Skill and Battle Traits?

13 8052
markkrosky
markkrosky
14 posts
Nomad

Has someone unlocked all the skills and battle traits? What are they? I haven't had much time to play yet. I miss being able to mouseover and see the ones I haven't unlocked yet.

• 13 Replies
Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

I'm not particularly inclined to spend 20 minutes flipping windows to type out the name and description of 25 skills and traits, but if you have a specific question I'll answer.

anexoticllama
anexoticllama
8 posts
Nomad

Poolbound and multi dmg?

markkrosky
markkrosky
14 posts
Nomad

Is there a skill like GCL ritual, which gives you potentially unlimited mana?

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

Is there a skill like GCL ritual, which gives you potentially unlimited mana?

No.
Cirno
Cirno
31 posts
Peasant

the bottom left trait. I don't have it, and I've cleared every stage I can. What is that trait?

I have not unlocked the S or V hextiles yet. Do you know how to do those?

dfnord
dfnord
26 posts
Farmer

@Cirno you mean Swarmling domination? http://i.imgur.com/OM0U1tS.png

I don't remember how I got it though. I believe it was a wizard tower, but it may requrie enraging a lot of swarmlings (which used to be the safest mob to enrage back when I got it).

Scarcon
Scarcon
8 posts
Blacksmith

The traits are (left to right):
First row:
Adaptive Carapace causes monsters to take less damage after each subsequent hit taken
Mana Lock stores any mana gained in a secondary pool and only gives it to you after a delay
Corrupted Banishment increases monster's HP, armor and shield after being banished
Second row:
Haste reduces the time between waves
Beacon Storm summons a beacon every 3 waves
Giant Domination makes giants more durable
Premium:
Swarmling Domination, not sure what that does, no premium so far
Orblets creates orblets around your orb, boosting mana passively, but giving a huge mana penatly if they're stolen by monsters
Chasing Shadows summons more shadows during the battle

I have not unlocked the S or V hextiles yet. Do you know how to do those?

There's no V hextile since V levels are the vision fields.
S is unaccessible. The S stands for Spiritforge, and that's what's depicted on the S hextile. According to the storyline, chapter 3 will take place there. The hextile, however, can be gained. Either by completing Y6 or beating X5 without charging the pylons. Don't remember which one it was.

As for skills (@markkrosky), there is one for each gem type (9 total) and one for each spell (6 total).
Then there are spells for: higher gem damage, more mana gain by monster kills, lower gem mana costs, lower builing cost + faster gem socketing, increased gem damage & specials (dependant on gem purity), improved amplifiers, improved gem wasps, higher bomb damage and improved traps.

I also have to add a question. The skill in the bottom row, in the center, what is that one? I guess it's premium only and afaik it's called "Fury". What does it do?
Cirno
Cirno
31 posts
Peasant

Chasing Shadows is the one I want. How do I unlock it?

the bottom skills are
Amplifier - improves efficacy of amplifiers. not very good.
Ignition - Wasp sting damage 6/lvl, +1 sting per wasp every 3 levels.
Fury - +2% xp bonus for monsters in enraged waves/lvl. -3% enraging monster hit points and armor penalty every 3 levels.
Demolition - Anyone actually ever use this skill?
Traps - 5% specials multiplier/level. +3% trap firing speed per 3 levels.

Traps is the only one that's really any good. The others are definitely "winmore" skills. "I'm already winning, let's use this to win more".

Scarcon
Scarcon
8 posts
Blacksmith

Fury - +2% xp bonus for monsters in enraged waves/lvl. -3% enraging monster hit points and armor penalty every 3 levels.
What does that penalty do exaclty?
Chasing Shadows is the one I want. How do I unlock it?
Don't quite remember, but it was very late into the game, on hextile X or Y. Probably beating X5 without charging pylons.
Cirno
Cirno
31 posts
Peasant

Basically, the skill allows you to summon more monsters in a wave without increasing their HP/Armor quite as high while you do it.

That said, it's practically crap.

rangervert
rangervert
16 posts
Shepherd

Chasing shadows trait is unlocked from beating X5

rangervert
rangervert
16 posts
Shepherd

@Cirno, its not crap really. If you anger all waves to 999 monsters, and have that maxed, you get 90% (+talisman modifiers) more total xp. If you plan on going deep endurance, you're gonna be angering to 999 anyways to get more mana, so its worth it.

blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

I agree with rangervert. Since you pay those shadow cores and replay levels to get more xp, why not squize out that bit of extra?

Showing 1-13 of 13