ForumsThe Tavern(Late April Fools': Part 3) What's going on with the Front Page!?

5 6233
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Alright, I was already having some odd occurrences with full page ads, (see this thread) but this I have never seen before.

Look at my front page:
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/Reton8/AG%20Image%20Uploads/WoWPS.jpg

All the games and ads on the front page of AG are for World of Warplanes. When I click any game it redirects me to World of Warplanes. I can't access any other games without first going through quests or categories. What's going on?

• 5 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I don't understand, this is working as intended.

In other news, we'll be announcing World of Warplanes Quests...

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Stupid ads? Hes on the lucky side of life, some users would give their right arm to have a page like this.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

It's the AG we have always wanted

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Okay, I have to admit, this was just a late (and lame) April Fools joke (solely on my part). I never actually got a front page full of World of Warplanes ads and games, it's all image editing (I put the ads and games in there). This was the last part of a three part joke. Why three parts, because of the rule of three.

Part one and two occurred in a separate thread (Here is a link to that thread: What are the Odds of this Happening?).

Part one, I wanted the occurrence of all the same ads to look real and not over-the-top, in order to hook the audience. Hence, I started with just a full page of World of Warplanes ads and not the games. But that was only part one of the this (lame) three part April Fools' joke.

Part two was to say that it had happened again. Part 2 served to build up the believability and build some suspense for the joke. This was the Rio 2 ads. Although that image is actually real (saved me a lot of time doing image editing).

Part three occurred in this thread, as for it not to be buried within the first thread. Part three, here, is where I edited all the ads, games, promoted games, and even the news to be World of Warplanes or World of Warplanes related. I'm surprised know one noticed the World of WarVeterans blurb I put in the news section (it's not a real game or a real news article).
Here is a link to that thread: What's going on with the Front Page!?

Perhaps someone noticed, but didn't say anything. Perhaps the joke was just to unfunny to bother to point out. Either way,

Happy and far belated April Fools'

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I thought this was just plain hilarious.

Showing 1-5 of 5