ForumsForum GamesInterest Check: A Real RPG!

12 4721
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

This is going to be a forum game, a test of sorts. I play on another board that is built for real RPG's (Dungeons & Dragons, and the sorts.) I was going to test this out here, see if it could work out. Now it will be a system called:
The Mutant Epoch:
A Little Background:
The Mutant Epoch is a game system based off a Post Apocalyptic future where a faction of robots and androids (The Mecha) have somehow (information on this was lost long ago.) managed to bring about the destruction of the world, and left it shattered. Most of the rich were carted off in space ships to leave their dead planet, while the rest were left to waste away.
But they didn't, people banded together to form communities some tolerant of most, Be it Mutant, Pure Stock, Bioreplica, Clone, Transhuman, Even some sorts of bestial human. The world itself is in an odd state, with a medieval tech being most prevalent (pikes, swords, metal armor, simple muskets, crossbows, and the like) the fortunate or powerful wield relic weapons, pistols, compound bows, shotguns, laser weaponry etc.
The characters will be Excavators, also known as Grave Robbers, or Treasure Hunters, entrepreneurs who go out in search of ancient technology, they delve deep into crevices and skullock forts where there were rumors of ancient buildings and armories.

Q&A

But i don't know what to do! i don't have books or anything!

Great! this system is built for the need for only one person to have a book, and that's me. The Game Master

Aren't there Dice Rolls?

Yes there are, and i will be using this website, it has private rooms with dice logs. that way it can prevent cheating should anyone be so inclined to try.

Isn't it full of complex rules?

Depends on how you feel, this system is a little on the heavy side for rules and it may seem dizzying at first. So i do request you bring your best learning cap if you would be interested in joining, it would be worth it.

Can my character die?

YES! He can and just may die! be prepared for this, since it just might happen.

Have any other unanswered questions? please feel free to ask. I'm looking for 2-4 players at least.

• 12 Replies
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

I have always wanted to play a D&D type game, so I'm signing up.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Sadly this isn't the same system (that of a d20) this uses percentile (the d100, or 100 sided dice) but both are indeed real RPG's like the kind you could find in a good old fashioned gaming store

speaking of which from the Mutant Epoch site itself the following topics
What's The Mutant Epoch About?
and
The Mutant Epoch Setting

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I'll join, lets see how this plays out.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Cool, that's two.

Also this game will be in one group, not separate.

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

I'm in

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Cool, so I'll start the game thread later today, hopefully one more person can join the group before then.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

yes, i plan on joining.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Alright that's all I need

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Where's the game?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

It'll be up soon, I have stuff to do right now, expect it in the next good or so.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

What's the posting rate of this game?

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Showing 1-12 of 12