ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Best Amplifier gems?

9 8898
x213374Ux
x213374Ux
20 posts
Archduke

So, it seems to still be the case that the gems you put in your amplifiers should be at least one of the types of the gems that they're amplifying. So, if I had a black/white/red/yellow gem, what kind of gems should I put in the amplifiers? Pure of any of those kinds? Dual, triple, quad? Any particular balance? And how high of a level is it worth boosting the amp gems to?

Or, on an earlier level when I haven't yet unlocked Poolbound, I have red/orange/black/yellow, and am using all four. Which ones are worth amping?

• 9 Replies
blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

I don't think it matters much. The bonus to the specials you get from the amps is almost non excisting. I mostly put in Poulbound though. And I stick with pure gems mostly one color. Not for any particular reason, mostly just cause.

rangervert
rangervert
16 posts
Shepherd

For main gem, 8 pure yellows gives highest damage boost. (poolbound in amps got nerfed). For traps, pure oranges give highest mana-gain.

Scarcon
Scarcon
8 posts
Blacksmith

Poolbound in amplifiers is useless, they don't increase the modifier anymore. Bloodbound still does, but not significantly.
Also, you shouldn't use pure gems into them (unless you really only need one specific component). Dual gems have higher damage and therefore amplify more damage. 2 dual gems also give a higher special amplification than one of each pure gem.

x213374Ux
x213374Ux
20 posts
Archduke

Thanks for the tips! I'll focus on yellow for towers when I have the option then, and dual with whatever else is helpful.

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

The bonus provided by amplifiers is extremely low, and is only generally useful for the first 60 or so waves.

rangervert
rangervert
16 posts
Shepherd

scar - does the increase in damage outweigh the loss of special? Maybe look into here and do the math to see which results in more total damage output

rangervert
rangervert
16 posts
Shepherd

(edit to previous post) maybe i'll* look into it

DJFaust
DJFaust
20 posts
Nomad

I use duals with poolbound component, as resulting gem has more damage and more special of the other type than pure gem.

Scarcon
Scarcon
8 posts
Blacksmith

scar - does the increase in damage outweigh the loss of special? Maybe look into here and do the math to see which results in more total damage output
In theory, you have either:
- two pures, with 100% of their component each
- two duals with 70% of each component, so 140% of each total, also the dual damage bonus
I use duals with poolbound component, as resulting gem has more damage and more special of the other type than pure gem.
That sounds good actually. Didn't think that this would work.
Showing 1-9 of 9