ForumsThe TavernDid I Do The Right Thing?

17 9891
Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

So, Friday at school, a very annoying kid at my lunch table continued to annoy me (as he has done all week). I warned him mutiple times to stop, but he didnt. So after lunch i pinned him to the wall, got in his face, and told him to stop, or he would not like what happened.
Was that the only to stop him, because telling on him wouldnt have done anything? Was there anyothere way to stop without using what I like to call "The Fear Factor"?
Was i being smart?

• 17 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

What do you mean by he was annoying you? I have a friend who thinks he is hilarious and smooth with the ladies and he generally annoys me, but I wouldn't pin him against the wall because of that.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I would say no, no matter what someone does to annoy you, don't use physical force, unless he initiates it first.

Just ignore him. Stick to a group of friends, so that you'll an easier time ignoring him and, when faced with more annoyed people, bloke might just leave.

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

Well, he would lean up to me, and start singing. Not only is he a HORRIBLE singer, but he has this song that he came up with, that is like the most annoying song ever, but he has such a high-pitched, sqeaky voice, it make everyone at my lunch table want to hit somethin.
And it gets BAD sometimes

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

No.

You are now liable for battery because you initiated physical contact.

Don't hit people because you cannot control yourself.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Does your school assign lunch tables, couldn't you just kick him out or move somewhere else?

I do agree with Graham, that was not a rational response. NEVER get physical at school (or any public place) unless you are willing to face the consequences.

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

Am i very willing to face the consequences, but i wanted all ur guys feedback on this

We get to pick uor iwn tables, but arent allowed to kick people out. And i refuse to move tables because lots of my friends sit at this table

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

So he did nothing :P And you get angry ? 1 : I would probbably ignore him because he is just singing 2 : If your friends want to hit him, then your friends are bad people. 3 : He probably doesnt have a choice, and if he annoys you, switch tables. Your friends does not exist only on the table. What if your friends are there ? Your friends are not the most important thing in the world :P

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Are you the only one who finds this person annoying? If not, why don't you all move, and invite or conscript a few others to fill up any open seats after you move? If you have a full table for at least a week, I'm sure he will find a new place.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

No, just be above of such things.
Ignore him, sooner or later he will go off the boil and search another "victim".
If he is really searching for trouble he must make the steps... if he is going to use violence, then your free to defend yourself, but he must cross the border.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You could always try to out-annoy him, i.e. sing even worse, say the same obnoxious thing over and over again, make fart sounds with your mouth, mock him incessantly, etc. Sometimes they feel threatened when they can't be the alpha-nuisance.

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

What about prank the person? That usually work for me.

Shoeminor
Shoeminor
912 posts
Blacksmith

Whatever you do,never tell the funniest joke in the world.
It killed Philemon after his discovery.
(It was about a goose and a lawyer)

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Don't use fear. That's what teachers are for. In any case, I always just ignore idiots.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Why are you defending him :/ Actually im defending the annoying kit :P Maybe its just his nature.

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Just prank him!

Showing 1-15 of 17