ForumsGamesGemcraft CS general help

4 3463
fsjd
fsjd
3 posts
Peasant

Im stuck at fields H2 and M2.
WL 21, all skills currently available maxed.
talisman gives +16% damage to swarmlings, +5% reavers, +14% giants as of right now.
starting mana pool is 757.

any advice for beating these two stages, and for further progression?

• 4 Replies
ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

We actually do need a general help thread like this one, so I'm gonna ask this not be locked, because chances are I'm gonna start havin' trouble with these things any minute now...

In any event, here are some helpful tips for those two fields you described:

H2 - You may be confused by what I'm about to say, but DO NOT put a gem in the tower nearest your orb. Instead, build a new one a bit further up, in a more strategic position. This is because the former is badly placed and will not get you very far.

M2 - Poison is your best friend here, hands down. Lay high-level poison traps throughout the field and build walls like a maze. Don't hesitate to lay down some towers with green-red, orange-red, orange-purple, or green-purple gems of at least grade 4. That should get you through almost everything.

fsjd
fsjd
3 posts
Peasant

and since I cant seem to edit my post, what DOES that compass do?

Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

So, I just started over for the third time, after playing to the end at 1.0 and from 1.02 until 1.09. Here's my biggest few tips for newer players having a problem getting from F1 to your Glaring scroll:

1) Get the magician's pouch. Having access to a skilled red gem every round is immensely helpful.
2) 2x Orblets and 2x Haste traits on every map is easily doable, doesn't cost many shadow cores, and more than doubles your experience.
3) Traps are relatively useless until you can get a good mana farm going (poolbound).
4) On almost every field, you can win with just one or two main gems
5) Your main gem should be red, if you have the pouch. Add yellow as a 50/50 component if you have access to it. Add purple (grade 1 added to a grade 4/5) if you don't. Poolbound is a great bonus later for R/W/Y madness.
6) Start bombing waves for experience and profit. For a beginner, you should be okay bombing the following way:
Reavers get 2 bombs
Swarmlings get 3 bombs
Waves 1-15 - use tier 1
Waves 16-30 - use tier 2
Waves 31+ - use tier 3
When you're comfortable with this, move on to bigger and better bombs

Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

Also, let me add:

7) Of the starting ones before you get your Glaring difficulty scroll: True Colors, Fusion, Mana Stream, and Chain Hit are the only 4 skills you should bother putting points into. Level them until they have the highest multiple of 3 that you can do. For example, if your cap is 8, put all of them (or what you have so far) at 6.

Showing 1-4 of 4