ForumsThe TavernMonotonous Repetition Repetition

7 4868
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

The Tavern, I have to say, seems to be a lovely place for repetition. We have food threads, joke threads, dreams threads, battle of.. threads, etc etc all repeating themselves into an endless cycle of repetition.

But I'm not here to judge, well..not negatively, that is. I'm here to celebrate! Celebrate the beauty of things repeating! So..come celebrate with me

Kick things off, why not phi? Y'know, the thing that is
phi = sqrt(1+phi) = sqrt(1+phi)... ad infinitum

• 7 Replies
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

I don't get it.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

The equasion? I don't either... =/

However, repetition can be good for activity, as long as it is done at a steady (normal) pace of course.

However, repetition can be good for activity, as long as it is done at a steady (normal) pace of course.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Mono- The virus that causes mono is transmitted through saliva, so you can get it through kissing, but you can also be exposed through a cough or sneeze.

Repetition Repetition- i'm getting a red line right about now to tell me to delete you of the repeated word.

- - i overuse the dash...

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Kick things off, why not phi? Y'know, the thing that is
phi = sqrt(1+phi) = sqrt(1+phi)... ad infinitum

This simply states that the number Ï has a value of â(1+Ï). The repetition is redundant, because â(1+Ï) â¡ â(1+Ï), so the repetition is redundant. If you want an infinite regression, you should go with something like Euler's number.

If f(x) = e^x :
e^x = f'(x) = f''(x) = f'''(x) = f''''(x) = f'''''(x) = f''''''(x) = f'''''''(x) ... and
e^x = â« f(x) dx = â«â« f(x) dx dx = â«â«â« f(x) dx dx dx = â«â«â«â« f(x) dx dx dx dx = â«â«â«â«â« f(x) dx dx dx dx dx = â«â«â«â«â«â« f(x) dx dx dx dx dx dx = â«â«â«â«â«â«â« f(x) dx dx dx dx dx dx dx ...
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Golden Ratio?

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

What a humerus thread this is for me to happen upon. Every once in a while I get on AG just to check in on things, I used to spend a LOT of time here, but of course I'm no longer 15. I have a lot less time to spend on the forums of an online gaming site, but I like to see the progress, and to see if you guys are still doing the same thing. The answer in yes, you guys are doing the same GD things ahah. Its a cycle. But I do see some change, the forums and site in general are working much better than the late AG2. Many features that stopped working before I joined are up and running again. And I guess I was wrong about AG3 being a myth, but I refuse to admit it's that much better.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

This isn't AG3. It's more of a mutant strain of AG2 that is slowly evolving into a higher form.

Showing 1-7 of 7