ForumsGamesGemcraft CS reducing lag?

5 4551
zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

Even on the lowest settings, when I have 20k+ monsters on the field frozen around my farming gem, I lag like crazy...any tips on how to reduce this? Best browser, etc?

• 5 Replies
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

I use chrome...still a decent(for me who's used to 0.5 frames/second on GC0) 3-4 frames/second at 8K monsters compressed into 5-6 tiles...make sure to have as few tiles covered as you can to reduce # of monster drawings...also set all monster drawings to 1, unless minimum does that, idk. does it set every one to lowest? If so, guess not much can be done to reduce the lag hehe.

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

You're running into the limits of the language here - flash is just not good with a ton of stuff happening.

One thing that will help with lag but possibly kill your gameplay (because of danger) is never setting any tower gems to special/cost/spire. I notice serious lag with a gem set this way with only a few angered (super angered) waves on screen. My computer isn't all that impressive, q6600 overclocked a bit, but it's no slouch.

20k monsters is a lot of looping each frame for the game, and add in multiple gems and it can get pretty bad.

Keadius33
Keadius33
8 posts
Peasant

It's a pain when i start lagging out my pc is only using about 25% of the CPU power at most. and i haven't had anywhere near 20k monsters at once I don't think it would be playable at that point =(

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

@Kaedius33: What could help a lil bit --> ads use flash also, specialy animated ads could (if older PC/etc) could cause also some lags, readjust your screen so olny one of the ad barts is visible may help, also refresh the page and try to get "better" (means not so flashheavy ads) could help.

malaberry
malaberry
1 posts
Nomad

Hi zzxxzz3,
Reasons for getting high ping(lag) value.
1.High ping is when there is high traffic in your system.
2.This can be either caused by loading such large files that the system cannot handle them, or by running several programs at the same time.
3.High ping is not just due to the bad internet connection. video lag, sound lag, virus, spyware, worms, or so on, could cause the high ping. not enough Ram could cause the problem too.
If you get any high ping ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.
1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.
2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager
3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.
4.Use any software like Game Booster
5.Move closer to server
I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check your new ping using WhoisXY.com

Showing 1-5 of 5