ForumsGamesGemCraft CS Improvements/ideas

9 3482
decay33
decay33
15 posts
Peasant

Maybe the dev can take and put these into an update or the next GemCraft,

Targeting
I would like to be able to not target something with a gem as well as target something. Most of the time while farming I don't want my tower gems to target creatures even if I have the field cleared of shadows and beacons.

Bombing:
I hate the time involved in clicking a wave stone, if you can mass bomb, lets say set wave bombing to 100, so if I create a gem, and mass bomb, it will duplicate and drop 100 bombs on that stone.
would save me hours of mana farming time

Duplicating Gems, Yes duplicating is nice, but sometimes I want to create a gem that is a few levels lower or even just one level lower, or even as high as my mana would allow. I want it to be the same ratio of colors in the gem, and to get that I have to start from scratch, create the gem and click U until it gets up there.

Drop the 'Healing Gem' All together, I will only use that if it is required to get an acheivement. Instead add something cool that will do something like

Drain a percentage of their health 1 time, or banish them to the beginning of the map, or how about GemBomb Bound. at least if I am going to click 1000s of times let me get a reward for it. Here is an idea, how about a gem that can fire at flying creatures only, even from a trap?

I just don't like the fact that right now 4 gems are not being used because they are useless once you get some levels going.

Post some ideas here, Gemcraft is one of the only games I can sit and play all day long, so I would like to keep it that way

• 9 Replies
Nemenemenes
Nemenemenes
24 posts
Shepherd

Some good ideas here. Especially gem bombing is a tedious and tiring thing. It is fun but it gets tedious when you do it thousand of times in each battle. It kills the flow of the game and forces you to pause a lot of times. It is probably why I will quit the game after beating all fields in all difficulties because I don't want to spend hours and hours bombing creatures so that I can beat endurance or get very high XP. Gem bombing is fun but they should change the way it works.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

I already had made a suggestions thread here, but I guess the more, the merrier.

It'd be nice if GIAB took at least one user-suggested feature and implemented it...

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

If you don't want a gem to shoot at anything, put it in your inventory. Or, only use traps, which is what many people do, just moving a gem to a tower when a shadow shows up.

As for getting rid of the healing gem...gemcraft has always had a poison (green) gem, and it's never been useful...I doubt they'll get rid of something because it's unpopular.

If you could right click on a wave and enter the # of bombs to drop (or click "max&quot that'd be nice.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

gemcraft has always had a poison (green) gem, and it's never been useful

Objection! Poison is actually useful for two things when used in traps:
1. Picking off swarmlings so your attack gem doesn't have to deal with them.
2. Slowly reducing the health of giants, which is especially useful in this game since giants are OP at the moment.
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

I'm not sure if poison is useful at grade 40 gems, when yellow reaches multipliers like 80%/1kk. It grows over everything, especially combined with black/white.

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

I'm not sure if poison is useful at grade 40 gems, when yellow reaches multipliers like 80%/1kk. It grows over everything, especially combined with black/white.

This. The issue is that while poison can kill swarmlings in the first ~10 waves, something with yellow + a bound mod will just kill them outright, even in a trap. I'd bet a level 10 YWR would easily outdamage a lvl 25+ GWR, even including poison damage.

Also, monster HP and regen rapidly outgains poison damage. You'll eventually find monsters which regen all their HP in 1-2 seconds. That's also why cyan is useless, because later on monsters regen 1E60+ HP per FRAME and theres nothing any level of cyan can do to that.
decay33
decay33
15 posts
Peasant

it is tedious moving the gem around especially when you have 3k monsters on the screen, I have to pause every time to move it. it is an unnecessary time sink, same is Gem Bombing,

Also worth note is that they essentially have 2 of the same Gem, Black and White, and it is not worth using white as it stands, Black outpaces it for long runs and adding white to make a quad gem hurts black more than white adds. Once you get your mana level to 45+ it levels much slower than black.

So I guess another upgrade would be not to have a less powerful version of a more powerful gem.

StormWingDelta
StormWingDelta
72 posts
Shepherd

Pool + Blood + some other gem = really useful if done right for making specials go off. That aside not sure about trying quad gems since that doesn't help anything as much unless you're going for damage.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

The only useful thing anything related to green gems does is....venom shrine.

I'm at wave 620 in endurance on haunting, and I've been able to kill some stuff thanks to it, a suppress, and blade shrine. Venom is needed to help kill with 90% hp ratio over 60 sec once blade does its own 90%, because even my G54 gem can't kill these monsters with E40 hp.

Showing 1-9 of 9