ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Time for me to go infinite. (question topic)

40 12872
ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

I'm currently wizard level 190 with 255 skillpoints from achievements and enough shadow cores to initiate a maxed-trait Haunting run, finishing the regular map then going as far as I can in endurance. I wanted to beat the game normally and get some of the level-specific achievements before doing this, and the time's finally come. That being said, I have a few questions about this...

-How should I allocate my skill points?
-What map should I play on?
-I've read something about RWO for farm gem, RWY for kill gem, RWB in between, all in traps for the setup. Is there some sort of optimal setup for this, or should I just wing it?
-How do I fit a tower gem into this setup in order to take out shadows and other "flying ones"?
-Amplifiers. Yes? No? Only on the tower?
-What should my angering pattern look like? I'm a bit wary of using grade 1s to anger because of what usually happened when I did that in Labyrinth, but I don't think I can afford to anger with any other grade until I get my wizard level up.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

• 40 Replies
Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

1. Max freeze. Everything else doesn't matter.
2. Strongly recommend X4
3. Make 2 ROBlueBlack, upgrade when you feel like it.
4. Venom shrine + WoE spell. Don't bother with towers.
5. If you feel like it. Orange+Black for amplifying manatraps. Bloodbound can be amplified, that's why I choose it over poolbound..
6. You can win without angering.
Freeze monsters on trap, call waves early, heat sparks, when you decide to kill monsters - use Shrine of venom and then shrine of blades.
This wall is very important - monsters sometimes skip second trap.without it. Moving traps to left show worse result - harder to banish leaks from giants which summon on death.
http://i62.tinypic.com/vxckkm.jpg

ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

Setup got breached on wave 1, before Freeze was even charged. Skills were maxed Freeze, highest multiple of 3 for Bloodbound, Mana Stream, and Gem Cost. Opened with two grade 4 ROBlueBlack gems in traps in the specified location.Towers blocked the eastern intersection as shown in your screenshot.

Should I use a tower for the first few waves? Or should I move my points from Bloodbound to Slow? Or maybe try True Colors? That 10% slow wasn't very helpful...

stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

Mr Gremlion, that plan is awesome! http://puu.sh/8cRYR.jpg

I sent all waves then i threw 100 gem bombs of grade 40 i believe onto the last 4 waves if i remember correctly and i reached over 2 billion in raw xp, And this was playing on hardest difficulty with all traits Except mana lock.
Toke forever to finish thou cuz i had ended up freezed those coming from the lower path even before they had appeared on the field so they had a freeze time of a very long time.... But ye, this much xp just angering the last 4 waves with 100 gems ea is very nice.

stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

I could never reach 0.1 recharge time on the shrines thou, got down to 1 sec but it seems that it is only temporarily cuz in the end i noticed my shrines having about 20 sec cd hmm.

It toke about 2 hours to do this, mainly due to horrible lagg and those dam permafreeze mobs.

Tip if you are doing this, freeze duration stack up so be careful not to hit the later mobs until they have thousand+ secs on em if they are not in the range of venom and blades. If its alot of em u can use Woe and pretty much have all but 5 unfreeze which means in the end u would have to wait it out......
If noone else is planning to i might make a video on your strategy Gremlion, Really easy way to bump over lv 2k in an hour.

ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

Still can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong...

BTW, I seem to have discovered a bug. If you use the "send all waves" command on a map with the Chasing Shadows trait active then restart the fight, the game will summon all the "extra" shadows on wave 2... :\\

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Add blood to farm and make a hit farming gem(blood red) to farm hits to later combine.

stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

Archlordpie Exactly what is going wrong? One thing that will **** up things for you is if you dont have fast enough freeze charge, mm but this shouldnt be a problem really as sending waves early will automaticly recharge your skills. And the cd of the skills will be decreased if u bomb those sparks.
Basically, send all waves and smash that freeze button so that monsters will be frozen over the farm (not ahead of it, i ended up freezeing mobs outside of hitrange so many times that i had to wait so long for em to unfreeze...). The only mobs that will be a problem is the spire, but if you upgrade an atk gem (YWRB) along with your mana farm it will be able to handle em for quite a few waves, once hp is far outscaling your gem dmg you will have to use WoE(wake of eternity skill) and venom( venom first ofc) and then use WoE after. All my spire eventually entered venom range but if they happen not to,, well... i guess ucould try spamming WoE until they have such low hp that u can kill it. Time shouldnt be an issue, freeze should obtain a cd of 1 sec and less if you bomb all the sparks.

Kamendae
Kamendae
6 posts
Nomad

I'm having difficulty getting this to work as well. I can freeze everything at the farm for all two hundred forty-odd waves, but I'm not getting enough sparks to heat. I can't kill the massed mobs once the early calls are done and freeze isn't recharging extra quick. What am I missing?

Kamendae
Kamendae
6 posts
Nomad

(can't edit, wtf?)

Should probably list what I'm running with. I'm currently level 392, with 316 achievement points. Skills are 46 freeze, 30 orange, 15 red/black/blue, 15 fusion/mana stream/traps. This leaves me with 10k mana to spend at the start.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

drop blue to 0, it is useless, can't get more than 90% slow and that is reached(for me) by grade 9.

Once slow is maxed only combine ROBlack to the gem to enhance other 3 specials without wasting 25% for a maxed one.

Remove mana stream, add a few to traps and fusion. Only need 5K mana at start, but suggest also that you don't use mana lock(or only 10 second one).

Attempt to get fragments that give +X% freeze duration and +1 to all skills or strike spells. I have 54 points in freeze, +14% duration, and it cools down in 11.2 seconds, and duration 14-23.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

An example of what gremlion means if you have trouble.

Or at least, this will show you an idealized version :P

All settings but mana lock.

http://i.imgur.com/iW6Axed.png

Kamendae
Kamendae
6 posts
Nomad

I've seen images of those uber gems but I've never been able to get over the hump to *create* 'em. Certainly not mid-wave 15! Perhaps a tutorial on how *that* works is in order.

thebigbox
thebigbox
61 posts
Blacksmith

Enrage waves so that theres 999 monsters and have huge health and armor so your mana gem cant even kill them, then freeze them on your mana trap.

5 waves = 5000 monsters. so your mana gem will hit 5000 monsters at same time and like 2000 times per second.

Kamendae
Kamendae
6 posts
Nomad

Ah. I was going off of the OP saying "no need to enrage". Hmmm... I'll try that.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Grem says no need to enrage if you just want to beat endurance. I want to beat endurance and earn 1 trillion points before multiplier, thus I have to anger each wave to the max.

Currently, I'm angering all to E25 hp, and once I angered to E37 just for fun. Permafreeze, 10K monsters on same spot, do venom-blade combo(esp now, no uberhealingondeath monsters yet) and gain 1 billion xp by wave 40, etc etc or so I hope. I'ma anger waves 200-236 all to E199 hp. Or higher.

Showing 1-15 of 40