ForumsGamesGemcraft 2: CS - Let's talk about mana shards...

5 5324
ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Okay, so as you all probably know, this game introduced several new properties of mana shards. One such property lies within field G1.

I refer to the corrupted mana shard.

Let's take a look at what exactly this does. I have separated the pros and cons into the table below:
http://i.imgur.com/JyHDg3S.png

As you can see, there are more benefits than costs, but here's where the issue is: You must have multiple gems (of decent firing rate, I may add) firing upon it in order for it to be an effective source of mana.

The question is, could this be used as a potential mana farm, and what would be needed in order for it to work?

• 5 Replies
Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

Corrupted shards aren't infinite anymore.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Corrupted shards aren't infinite anymore.

How? Was this in a recent (and by recent I mean less than about 2 hours ago) update?
Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

About a week and a half ago, 1.06 I believe. Their output decreases quickly over time because they were able to be used in an absurd mana exploit.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Isn't that the reason they weaken the gems that fire at it? =V

limeox
limeox
11 posts
Blacksmith

Isn't that the reason they weaken the gems that fire at it? =V
Yeah, but you could work around that. Throw a low-grade gem into a tower and put 8 high-grade amplifiers around it. The main gem will lose power until it reaches 0, but due to the amplifiers it will still deal damage (and harvest mana).

This problem could've been solved better probably... like some of the other "hotfixes".
Showing 1-5 of 5