Forums

ForumsFlash Games

Gemcraft CS - Fastest Shadow Core Farming?

Posted Apr 19, '14 at 6:27pm

shadownebula

shadownebula

18 posts

the best place i found for grinding cores is x5.
just by sending all the waves and freezing the monsters around the node, each fight lasts for around 1-2 minutes and i get around 140 cores.(at 1x speed for some reason i get less cores on higher speeds)
i wonder how much cores i would have gotten before the 1.0.12 patch

Posted Apr 20, '14 at 5:13pm

Oktavia_witch

Oktavia_witch

57 posts

X5 isn't very sufficient in terms cores/minute. I found X4 way better for this (900 cores + talismans for 84 invested in orblets).

Posted Apr 22, '14 at 2:36am

cbigsby1

cbigsby1

1 post

the fastest SC farming ive found is doing f1 repeatedly on haunting difficulty if you have it. All you need is a level 7 gem and you should be able to kill everything without it even reaching your orb. F1 also seems to drop alot of talisman fragments and with haunting difficulty its a minimum of level 15

Posted Apr 22, '14 at 5:11pm

Yukisaka

Yukisaka

4 posts

My way of farming is different.

Choose looming difficult with Chasing Shadow Trait and Orblets (only premium, tho).

Farm Mana in early waves - i think when you are at the point that you have to farm SC you know what that means. With lvl ~2100 i get grade ~42 in early waves. I do a RWY Gem and put 8 Amplifiers around it. My mana-farming gem (its RBOW) is surrounded by 3 amplifiers (only orange). Go into Endurance and send all waves. Around wave 300 you have to start freezing the mobs at the entrance. When flying ones become to difficult to kill, end endurance. Thats about wave 500.

This takes me around 15 minutes, and i get 2000-3000 SC.

Posted Apr 22, '14 at 7:20pm

ClintACK

ClintACK

1 post

T7 is pretty good -- several apparitions scripted. And it's a pretty defensible setup, which makes it play quickly. About 400 SC from apparitions... about 1k if you do Chasing Shadows maxed as well.

Posted Apr 22, '14 at 8:51pm

Banished

Banished

1 post

Glaring difficulty + CS gets me 700-1000 cores per run with each run lasting 2 mins. I forget the specific level I use but it has around 110 waves with those settings. I'm level 2300 some, so it may be different for lower levels.

Posted Apr 23, '14 at 10:59pm

kenji1134

kenji1134

17 posts

F1 works pretty well.
Haunting, 7 in Chasing Shadows, build a mana farm at the entrance, and send everything.

Then go to endurance, send everything at once, and just crank out your entrance farm and tower gem in the back, collect SC's as available.

Posted Apr 29, '14 at 11:36pm

flamewolf393

flamewolf393

12 posts

The guy asked for LOW LEVEL solutions, but everyone keeps talking about the chasing shadows trait (which I dont even know what it does yet) and glaring difficulty? These are not low level things.

Posted Apr 30, '14 at 4:26pm

mmcinally

mmcinally

2 posts

F1 1SC 1 Orb, Looming -> was getting 50 - 100 SC at low levels

Posted Apr 30, '14 at 5:59pm

Zwolin

Zwolin

20 posts

Hey, I found this method, and have been using it to farm 900-1100 cores every 4-5 miniutes.

I'm lvl 1434 - so not too high yet, my skills are as follows:
Y:45
W:45
R:15
All the dmg enhancing skills are at 45, I think Amps at 15 or so, freeze at 21 and bolt at 21. Mana gain and gem costs at 45. I start with 22k mana, 18 being the lowest I can get if I want to do it quickly.

Go to field F4 (first tower), choose Haunting difficulty, put 7 points in shadows and orblets (156 cores total cost).

Start with 6/5/5 RW, upgrade 2 times add grade 7 and 8 1:1 Y/W (you get grade 9 gem). put it into the main tower, block all the extra passages with towers, start at 9x speed.
Make sure you destroy all the locks first (use 2 starting gems for this and an extra tower), while building 4 amps and putting grade 7 Y gems into them. once all the locks are destroyed set main gem to Flying add bolt and send all waves early.

That should yield you 400-500 Cores in 2 minutes if done quickly. Proceed to Endurance mode, keep sending waves until 85-90, upgrade your gem to lvl 15 and send waves to 135-150. After than any flying thing that appear are too hard to kill anyway. That should bring the total SC to 1100 subtracting the cost 156 and we get 900 cores in 5 minutes.

You are welcome

Reply to Gemcraft CS - Fastest Shadow Core Farming?

You must be logged in to post a reply!