ForumsNews and FeedbackWhats up with all the ad's etc

8 3920
stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

Always getting long video ads when about to play a game which wastes lots of time just sitting and waiting for it to pass. I have been a member for about 6 years and the ad's haven't been this annoying before ever, stop the **** greed ffs, donations would be more than enough to cover the costs of this website.

Another thing that has changed is the "new games" and &quotopular games" at the frontpage which before used to actully show the newest games and were updated regularly but now it is used more of a semi "most popular games""semi newest" instead. And, the current &quotopular games" is now filled with p2win/enjoy mmo's and is barely ever updated (used to change pretty much weekly or at most monthly with a whole new set of games).

I am dissapointed

• 8 Replies
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I can agree that the ads over 30 seconds that do not have skip buttons, need to be fixed.

The new games section still predominately has new games. Sure some games stay up there longer or old games are put back up, but it's mostly new games. Also, highly rated new games tend to stay up top longer, which make it easier for them to find.

I can also agree the popular games section does have a lot of p2win mmos, which can be annoying, but isn't that bad.

But I disagree with this:

...[Popular games] is barely ever updated (used to change pretty much weekly or at most monthly with a whole new set of games).

I recall popular games rarely ever changing. It was Gemcraft, Warfare 1917, Kingdom Rush, Exit Path, or the sequels of those games, for a very very long time.
stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

I just feel that the internet is being uber dominated by ads and i hate having em pop up in my face everywhere, all the time. I haven't watched tv for years now cuz it breaks of every 15th to show ads(ofc its has been like this for years already, nothing new), but the disease is spreading everywhere! It pisses me off.

stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

I would easily pay a subscription to never see a ad again

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Yeah it does seems ads are becoming more prevalent throughout the entire internet. Even TV shows are shorter to fit more ads in. A "half of an hour" TV show, used to be I think 25 minutes (that's 25 minutes of actual show and then 5 minutes of ads). Now it may be down to 21 or 22 minutes of show (leaving room for 9 or 8 minutes of ads). Kind of crazy.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Yeah it does seems ads are becoming more prevalent throughout the entire internet. Even TV shows are shorter to fit more ads in. A "half of an hour" TV show, used to be I think 25 minutes (that's 25 minutes of actual show and then 5 minutes of ads). Now it may be down to 21 or 22 minutes of show (leaving room for 9 or 8 minutes of ads). Kind of crazy.

Yeah it's all about money. They pretty much ruined TV and now they want to pollute Internet to death.

Next time someone goes on a killing spree, why not massacre a few advertisers instead of innocent people for a change.
Locke34
Locke34
1 posts
Shepherd

Yeah I agree that their at least needs to be a skip button. I keep getting the ad for somethingsomethingaccountable.com or w/e and not only is it annoying to have to sit through, I don't personally agree with the ad so it is even more annoying than just some stupid product ad.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

There's a Futurama episode where Fry (maybe it was another character) has a dream. The dream is sponsored by a company and has an ad at the end of it. Maybe we're actually headed toward this in real life. lol

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

May I also add, some games have turned into Facebook/IphoneApp Style with in app purchases. I can't help but see the words "selling out". There are ways to get rid of ads but keeping them on supports the site.

Showing 1-8 of 8