ForumsThe TavernWhy the surge in old users?

23 4443
blk2860
blk2860
10,793 posts

So recently, literally dozens of old users have come back. I just want to know why. It's rather confusing. I mean, there's nothing special about 2014, it's just a year.

• 23 Replies
rychus
rychus
1,335 posts

*shrugs* I don't know. I came back because I was curious of how things were going.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,301 posts

This isn't new, it happened a couple times last year. So it isn't just 2014. Probably just because they decided to visit.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
10,143 posts

I'm seeing no more (in fact, less) than the usual random surge that happens every few months.

Late last year was a pretty good event of veterans/ancients.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,889 posts

One word, coincidence.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,066 posts

I still receive information about moderating and the site. So, it spurred me to come after a particularly funny email from MrDay

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,456 posts

Because they heard about my great greatness, a greatness so great that little baby dolphins do back flips on the sweet, sweet sound of my name rolling off the tongue of a majestic mermaid as she plays a golden harp with enchanted strings gifted by Minerva and forged by Hephaestus within the fires of Orodruin. Indeed, my ripped biceps in combination with the velutinous and satiny of my golden locks of hair bring out the best of my tough yet kind fibrous-like beard, but my delicate teal eyes seem to contradict the overly masculine persona that my aura emanates, revealing the fluffy, feline-like state of mine that I only concede existing to my most dearest people closest to me. Quite appropriately so, they've come sensing the arrival of one such as I, a man of overwhelming testosterone to satisfy their voracious need of a strong yet kind pillar in their life.

Either that, or they heard about the muffins I was baking.

Ferret
Ferret
9,283 posts

*wipes crumbs away from mouth* Mrphthose murphens were fer gerting perples berk?

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,873 posts

Well now I'm even hungrier. I have no food.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,375 posts

I have no food.

You are food. If you get hungry enough, your arms and hands are like a buffet line.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,472 posts

I would be interested in seeing a compiled list of "old users" who returned this year. It doesn't feel like there have been more than half a dozen in the past couple months. Then again, that number could seem higher to us now than in previous years due to the declining number of regulars.

Ferret
Ferret
9,283 posts

Looks like many of them returned for April Fools.

69_69_69
69_69_69
151 posts

April fools is interesting to everyone. This year I put 10 teaspoons of salt in every single water bottle in the house and resealed them all.

Bones00799
Bones00799
50 posts

lol never would have thought of that, but how did that work out?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
10,143 posts

April fools is interesting to everyone. This year I put 10 teaspoons of salt in every single water bottle in the house and resealed them all.

I switched my grandmas insulin with vinegar. Got her gud
Graham
Graham
8,086 posts

Because they heard about my great greatness, a greatness so great that little baby dolphins do back flips on the sweet, sweet sound of my name rolling off the tongue of a majestic mermaid as she plays a golden harp with enchanted strings gifted by Minerva and forged by Hephaestus within the fires of Orodruin. Indeed, my ripped biceps in combination with the velutinous and satiny of my golden locks of hair bring out the best of my tough yet kind fibrous-like beard, but my delicate teal eyes seem to contradict the overly masculine persona that my aura emanates, revealing the fluffy, feline-like state of mine that I only concede existing to my most dearest people closest to me. Quite appropriately so, they've come sensing the arrival of one such as I, a man of overwhelming testosterone to satisfy their voracious need of a strong yet kind pillar in their life.

This is precisely why I am ever here.
Showing 1-15 of 23