ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] How to play without redownloading every time AND online

1 2497
StDrake
StDrake
194 posts
Lord

Lets face it - I have a slow network. I'm probably not the only one with such problems, but 50kbps while enough for surfing is a little painful when it comes to games - it's a few minutes wait every time.
I know that in case of flash games from AG I could just save the swf file on drive..but that only solves the problem for games that don't have any online content - cloud saves, AG quests and so on.
I'm guessing it's just a matter of saving the page it's played from as well and tweak some of the code to draw the needed stuff from the net, question remains - what and how? and is it actually doable?

Now just to make things clear - I don't mind even getting the adverts and other consequences of playing the games fully online - comparing to the game files themselves that's a minor encumberance (even those advert movies that appear before the game starts) - I just want to be sure I don't have to redownload the bigger game files every time i close my browser and then want to get back.
This time in particular it applies to Gemcraft CS

Anyone able to help me on this ground?

• 1 Reply
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@StDrake Sorry Mr. Drake, I don't have an easy answer for you. Our games are designed to be played online, and that's how we afford to run the website - so we don't welcome users taking the game outside of that setting.

I believe there may be a way to increase cache so that it keeps the game file even though it's a larger file. I don't know much about that though I'm afraid.

Showing 1-1 of 1