ForumsGamesGemcraft Chasing Shadows - What to do at 500?

25 7355
rriparetti
rriparetti
32 posts
Nomad

I feel like I am doing something right, I was/am able to get 50M exp a battle by angering a wave thrice with maximum level 12 gems, but that seems to be my limit despite going from 100ish to 500ish in a day.

What step am I missing, because clearly 50M isnt worth as much as it is at 500, as it would be at 100.

• 25 Replies
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

After setting up a mana farm I anger every wave with 40 g25 gems - everything on hardest on haunting except manalock. It gives TONS of xp and huge multiplier, one run like that will give you level 2000 or so.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

level 2000 = about 120 billion xp. not sure if he can do that at 500. Prob, but idk lol.

My jumps were like- 141 to 563, 563 to 1895, 1895 to 2054, 2054 to 2818.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

He can, it won't be as easy as at level 1500 but still doable.

rriparetti
rriparetti
32 posts
Nomad

Is that what Im doing wrong? I stop angering at grade 12?

What maps do you do?
I USUALLY use orblets, swarm, haste traits on 3rd difficulty, I think its haunting.Why anger them so much, if you cant even kill them? :O Atleast I dont think I could kill them......I usually anger thrice per wave.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

because I can kill them :P

After E28 it gets ridiculous to kill by gem, shrines only hope after E28 or so xD.

More monsters who survive farm / get stuck on it with perma freezing, more mana to actually kill them for xp -> more mana to anger -> more xp = self sufficient cycle.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Well... Watch this video and everything will be more clear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpsNED_Qero&list=UUJhzahr4kF2MOb8sf2KSJVA

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Yay! Thanks! Finally my channel will get publicity. Lol its like a year old I think and only has like 10k views, very sad I got good quality videos on gaming there... a ton of GC0, an old mmo i used to play(blah) and I'm hoping to make Gc2s tho to play GC2 at my best i don't think I can record. Makes me a bit nervous.

Also, probably because I am 9-fingered atm, bad cut and all during school(don't ask if you just ate)....

At least that video is not totally embarrassing and is pretty good C:

rriparetti
rriparetti
32 posts
Nomad

As I posted in another thread, I just tried to do it.

I could only get 50M exp. Which is around average for me.........
:/

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Here is an example

http://i.imgur.com/BzrDmRS.png

As you can see that gem does next to no damage, gives quadrillions of mana(about 2.6 quadrillion per frame), and I haven't bothered to set up a kill gem yet, other than making a blood-red gem to farm hits. Which also does like 1 damage vs E21 hp.

With pool instead of blood(once you are about 1000 blood is epic-er thx to more points) you can get similar.

NB- Stop adding blue to it after 90% slow, stop adding red to it after about grade 30ish, with blood red will grow very rapidly still, even tho with only orange black added, orange grows faster, red grows at a good enough speed already.

And just LOOK at that huge blood multiplier! =)

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Just train, it's doable. Mana farm is the key

rriparetti
rriparetti
32 posts
Nomad

Grade 55 in 21 waves.........insane. I might be able to get grade 12 now in 21 waves. :|

My mana just seemed to stop gaining when I do ROBlackWhite, where if I do ROBlueWhite it seems to be okay. I just genuinely dont know what to do and where to allocate my points. I only have a finite amount lol

rriparetti
rriparetti
32 posts
Nomad

Whats the BEST manafarm then? Because clearly Im missing out.

People say its ROWBlue, others say ROWhiteBlack, People say ROW, I just dont know.....

I will say that ROWBlack seemed to taper off very quickly, as in it seemed to just stop growing after awhile even when continually bombing

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

How many skillpoints do you have? I will try to do a build for you...

end-game manafarm is red/black/orange, but you can add some blue to it (slow, more monsters hit), change proportions, etc. In erariler stage of game and level you've got it's also good to use white/red/orange, but black/white/red/orange is just crap.

rriparetti
rriparetti
32 posts
Nomad

http://i.imgur.com/VNYb2EK.jpg
I'm on my mobile so I cAnt tell you how many total.

I'm very bad with proportions.

So use WRO with a little blue? My kill gem is usually RWYBlue, farm was RWOBlue all equal proportions.

I just don't know what to do or where to go, I'm sorry. :/

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

I will do it for you today (it's 23:16 for me here) or tomorrow - as son as I will have time for it. And explain how to build gems well

Showing 1-15 of 25