ForumsGamesGemcraft Chasing Shadows - What to do at 500?

25 7360
rriparetti
rriparetti
32 posts
Nomad

I feel like I am doing something right, I was/am able to get 50M exp a battle by angering a wave thrice with maximum level 12 gems, but that seems to be my limit despite going from 100ish to 500ish in a day.

What step am I missing, because clearly 50M isnt worth as much as it is at 500, as it would be at 100.

• 25 Replies
rriparetti
rriparetti
32 posts
Nomad

It's much appreciated! Thank you!

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

You've got about 4300 skill points. You need about 150-300 of them free for some starting mana.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64607958/skillpoints%20for%20level%20500.png
I think you should do as here.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64607958/skillpoints%20for%20level%202200.png
It is my current skillpoint split. 15k free mana included

About proportions:
[url=http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12296005/gemcraft-cs-how-to-mix-colors-well]
here is my post about mixing, for you it will be:

8 g1 gems combined into g3 one:
1) managain - red, 2 white, 5 orange
2) killing - red, 2 white, 5 yellow
and you upgrade them by pressing 'U'.

Later (about grade 45) you switch to mix with black for which you will have to farm hits, it's described in linked subject. Don't add blue to your mana/killing gems, put in trap in front of them other gem: 1 white, 1 blue, 2 red. You don't need to upgrade your slowing gem more than 20-25 grade.

If you want to know more, leave me some contact (gmail, jabber, skype or what you want) and I can help a little in some of my free time.

rriparetti
rriparetti
32 posts
Nomad

With your help, I went from 50M to 143M in just one run. Thank you SO much.

It seemed once I hit mana level 30 it was increasingly hard to get mana. What happens at that point, what do I do?

Also, is there some kind of ratio to total skill point available to skill points you should leave remained? As in, why did you stop at 15k mana? Why not go to 3k mana or 30k mana?

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

For your question on which is best, nothing with white is best

Best is orange black red blue. Blue ommited after max slow 90%. Orange black amps.

rriparetti
rriparetti
32 posts
Nomad

Why?

When I just did black as a manafarm, it seemed to steady out and my mana rate gain seemed to decrease, where with white it increased...

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

1) the wall beyond you get mana very hard depends on your skillpoints, it's normal. About ratio: I personally want to have at least 2k free mana, I've got 15k becouse I more need free mana than some skills now.

rriparetti
rriparetti
32 posts
Nomad

Then what do you do to push that wall further back, in the sense that I wont hit that wall sooner rather than later?

And 2k mana in GENERAL (from talismans?) or 2k mana from skills unused?

rriparetti
rriparetti
32 posts
Nomad

Also where do you recommend for fields to get a ****load of xp?

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

2k mana general - at least. I now have about 22k of starting mana, what gives me an ability to build a grade 9 gem on start.

About maps: my personally favourite ones are T8, O1, E1, A5 and E6.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

rrip please tell me in exact steps what you do. Also tell me how your current skills are laid out.

My preferred maps are: X4, X4, X4444444......etc...X4 is epic.

Showing 16-25 of 25