ForumsForum GamesStrike Force (Combat RPG)

71 19337
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Hello, and welcome to strike force. i would normally open a game with a welcome, but their is a somewhat lengthy intro to this, so i will waste no time.

Intro:

2016. It is a warm, summer night. The Commanding general of the United States army is sitting around a table in the war room of the pentagon with the president and vice president, along with a slue of other advisers and important men. the general is having a meeting with these people, and a very urgent one. he begins the meeting with a grim, yet perky welcome.
"Hello everyone, and welcome. as you know, i planned this emergency meeting for no apparent reason, but this reason will become very apparent when i play you this," he clicks a button from his coat pocket and a TV appears on the other side of the war room. people adjust their chairs to see it. it starts off with a video of a tall man with black hair. he has nothing covering his face, and a very worn smile. He begins talking in a thick, Russian accent.
"Hello Americans. i am Victor Rendolph, a man of great wealth and power. However, i have urgent business with the president, because he will want to see this," he stops talking and moves back away from the camera, to reveal a man in a chair. he is gagged and looks starving. This man is John Green, a general in the army. Victor then continues talking.
"I have a bank account in the Americas. the number is 289647. in that account i need 3 trillion dollars placed by next week, or else you, Mr. president, and all of your friends will be soon in a position like this man."
He looks towards the general and pulls out a pistol. he then takes quick aim and shoots the general in the head. he turns back to the camera.
"If you do not cooperate, you and all of your fellow men will have the same fate. i have the means and potential of getting it whether you cooperate or not, so i expect payment within the next week. do not try tracking this message, whether you use satellite codes or not, because their will be consequences when you do. That is all i have to say. Good day, my friends."

he then shoots the camera. he must have got a live feed into the pentagon from his camera then shot the messenger. luckily, they must have recorded the message fairly quickly. the general stands up midst the chaos that begins.

"We are not putting 3 trillion dollars into his account, nor or we closing it. we have confirmation of the source of this message without tracking device. it comes from southern Iraq. the account this man has is existent, and somehow has an anonymous owner. Running facial scans, however, proves this man does not exist in the American database, so he could be quite the threat. The fact that he got one of our own generals from under our noses also proves he is deadly and has a network inside our own system. I am afraid their is only one thing we can do about this-" the president cuts him off.

"We send in the Strike Team, Commander," he says.

Character Sheet:

Name: (Realistic, for the sake of this game)
Bio: (optional)
Class: (below)
----------------------
Level: 1 (0/10 XP)
Weapons: None
Equipment: None
Inventory: None
----------------------
HP: 50/50
Conditions: Perfect

That sheet isnt to hard to figure out. however, there are some things i must tell you before we continue. your HP does not determine whether or not yo uare dead, but is merely a guide as to your general current health. Also, when you sign up, their will be some things added to your sheet. do not change them or worry about them.

You start this game by picking your class, and you are in. the class yo uare in LOOSELY determines your starting weapon, but not completely. the classes are below. of course, you are part of this assembled strike team to destroy this man.

Classes:

Heavy Assault:
A man how is in the front lines with a fully automatic weapon and a goal: kill or get killed. your starting weapon falls between a pistol and an ARX.
Light Assault:
Assist the Heavy assault, With speed and accuracy in exchange for power. your starting weapon falls between a pistol and an AK-47.
Medic:
Heal, revive, and so on. self explanatory, you guide the men and heal them to safety. your starting weapons consist of a pistol and your healing laser.
Sniper:
From a distance, pick off as many men as quickly as you can with deadly precision and damage. your starting weapon is an WA2000.
Heavy:
Lead the pack, take damage, and deliver pain. You are the juggernaut. this is definitely the hardest class. picking this puts you in the middle of the action with either a heavy shotgun, flamethrower, or grenade launcher.

One concept you have to grasp about this game is that it is extremely dice based. the dice will do the following (and more):
Determine your starting weapon based on class
Determine all of your actions minus the most oblivious
Determine all accuracy, bullets fired in a turn, and damage of them
Determine the amount of enemies you face at any given time and their skill
Determine LOOSELY certain objectives you will need to complete
Determine LOOSELY the size of the the squad you are in
Determine LOOSELY the actions of any AI

Keep that in mind, but remember, even with dice, your actions are still 100% of the game. this game is objective based. you will have a squad of men that will lead you through terrorist areas and kill them, but this is not call of duty, this is legitimate missions. However, do not think the story is over or the game takes place in only 1 area, because it doesnt.

the combat is turn and cover based, but you will get the hang of it. i will explain when we get their, but it will take some time before you do.

Well, anyone can join at anytime. i will just assemble a new force. however, if you signed up in the kickstarter you will all be in the same team. once those people have posted, the game will begin. How does it begin? that is determined by dice. (Keep in mind, this game isnt completely random, but is highly influenced by rolls). So have fun and remember, you are part of a team. i also ask for a lot of devotion to being active, so if you can, be that way.

• 71 Replies
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Name: Zach Savem
Bio: Joined up as a Medic after getting laid off as a paramedic.
Class: Medic
----------------------
----------------------

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

----------------------
Weapons: M1911, Healing laser
----------------------
----------------------
Defects:
Below average hand-eye coordination
Colorblindness
Movement speed: 3.5m

You have 4 defects, below average hand-eye coordination and colorblindness. luckily, you rolled so low twice that the other two are so minor they dont effect you at all. they wont majorly effect your game. you can move 3.5m or about 12 feet per turn. you are ready to begin this game.

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Name: John Connor
Bio: John is from an Average family, it means they were normal at money. His father forced him to become a Soldier, but he don't want that. His father died, he think about joining Soldier. So there, he joined being Soldier.
Class: Sniper
----------------------
----------------------

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

@spikeabc So I am ready to begin the game. How do I start? Do I wait for other players to join so I can have a squad?

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Sean Deane
Bio: Sean was a regular run-of-the-mill squad member. Doing everything asked of him, but nothing extra because it "Wasn't my place." Preferring close combat over that "finicky long range crap." One day while he was out on a regular sweeping of an already cleared minefield, for bomb disposal training, Sean stumbled, literally, onto an active mine. His foot was caught in the mechanism that would activate the mine and he fell to the ground. He called for his troop for help but there was no response, they were busy disarming another bomb in the area. So Sean was forced to disarm the bomb himself, pulling out his trusty knife he started to cut his way out of the mechanism. He cut the first wire *Shink* nothing, with a sigh of relief he continued on, *Shink... Shink... Shink...* He had only one wire left to escape. With a bead of sweat he cut the wire *Shink... Beep, beep, beep.* With a look of horror etched into his face he attempted to leap away, but didn't get far enough away and the explosion tore up the left side of his torso and face. It took him three months to get on his feet and all he had to say for himself was "Eh I got lucky, now, let me get back out there." The doctors said he needed to rest more but Sean was having none of it, his squad were out there without him and he knew it. So the doctors stitched him up as well as they could and sent him on his way. When his commanding officer stormed up to him demanding an explanation Sean was examining a set of heavy armor. "You are in no fit state to go out there again!" the commander said but Sean just walked past him into the armory and got a suit of heavy armor. He had it on before the commander knew what was happening, Sean's words were then said so defiantly no man could argue with him, "I wasn't but Now I am fit for service." Since then he has been taking to the battlefield at the front line.
Class: (Blarg, my first choice would be a sniper but we have no up front guys so Heavy it is.)
----------------------
----------------------

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Name: Steven Cox
Bio:
Class: Heavy asssault
----------------------
----------------------

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

So I am ready to begin the game. How do I start? Do I wait for other players to join so I can have a squad?

I said when the kickstarter ones joined it begins, and so it will after the final person from the kickstarter joins.

Bio: John is from an Average family, it means they were normal at money. His father forced him to become a Soldier, but he don't want that. His father died, he think about joining Soldier. So there, he joined being Soldier.
----------------------
Weapons: WA2000 (10/40), M1911 (8/20)
----------------------
----------------------
Defects:
Slow
Movement speed: 2m

Good good, destined to save the world from skynet and now terrorists. You have 1 defect, that being slow movement speed. Your movement is 2 meters per turn with that factored in. your weapon is a WA2000. You have a considerable amount of ammo. Your secondary is a M1911 with average ammo.

Bio: (cut)
Class: Heavy
----------------------
Weapons: Right: heavy shotgun (30/30), Left: Grenade Launcher (1/20)
----------------------
----------------------
Defects:
Slow 3
Movement speed: 1m

I cut the bio simply because its to long, but its nice to see you wanted to put in the effort.

Your defects are slowness 3. Combine that with your class, you are an extremely slow person, moving a mere 1m per turn. i forgot to tell you that heavies can actually have 5 different potential weapons, and they have 1 in each arm. yours are a heavy shotgun in the right hand, and a grenade launcher in the left. you will not be able to take these off. you get a set amount of ammo for both. It can be replenished, but reloading the shotgun takes awhile.

Bio:
----------------------
Weapons: ARX-160 (30/100), CZ75 (8/10)
----------------------

Nice to see you. You have, luckily, no defects, and a movement of 2.6m. Your primary is an ARX-160 and a secondary of a CZ75. you rolled the highest possible on both. You, however, dont have much ammo for either.

the game begins when the 3rd person that signed up from the kickstarter joins. its good to see this line up.
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

1 meter, holy balls I'm slow.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

you are a juggernaut, you will get faster with levels, and you will get kills pretty quick.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Fair enough.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Well, i personally cant wait to get this going, so im not going to.

You are sitting in a helicopter somewhere in deep Iraq. in the chopper is Zach, John, Sean, Steven, Lieutenant Cofs and a light assault man named Jeaven Saulger. Cofs is your commander, you listen to him, at least up until now. In the chopper he is briefing.
"Our mission, men, is to eradicate as many terrorists here as we can. We know they are here, underground, maybe. there is a large building surveyed from satellite. that is our target. there is only one, and we believe it is where this Victor man is standing. we are the best of the best. Stay behind Sean, as you were all taught, and push. the helicopter will get us as close as we can, and then we will be sliding down some rope to the ground. Parachuting more practical? not in this territory. safer, yes, but i rather slide down a rope given the circumstances then get a hole in my chute from gunfire."

You all look around, revealing some things. Sean, you have rocket boosters on your juggernaut suit, boosting you a loose 30m at once. the fuel is used all at once, and you should use it wisely. Zach, you have 2 grenades. John, you have 1, Sean, you have 20 without saying, and Steven, you have 5. the commander has 4 and Jeaven has 3. i will put that on your sheets. the commander stands.
"We are to jump, now, word from the pilot he needs to pull back."
the ****pit swings open, and 3 ropes fall. the commander goes 1st. he falls, landing without bruise. So does Zach. John as well lands without getting hurt. Sean, you land taking quite the hard hit, but your armor sustains it. Steven, you fall hard on your legs. you hear them crack, but its nothing major. Jeaven lands perfectly, showing you all up. the commander gets up.
"Lets move." he begins moving towards the building. everything is too quiet. You can all survey the land and ask questions, looking for things. you might ammunition and things on the ground if you look, but the commander begins moving. suprisingly, there is nothing threatening in the area, however you see an RPG rocket hit the helicopter. it comes down.
"They were to late." says Jeaven.

Bio:
----------------------
----------------------
HP: 45/50
Conditions: Sore legs
----------------------
Movement: 2.6m

that is now your character sheet.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

----------------------
----------------------
----------------------
Defects:
Slow 3

I duck forward, trying to avoid any scrap coming off the falling helicopter.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

----------------------
Weapons: WA2000 (10/40), M1911 (8/20)
Equipment: 1 grenade
Inventory: none
----------------------
----------------------
Defects:
Slow
Movement speed: 2m

----------------------
Equipment: Rocket boosters (fuel full, 30m)
----------------------
----------------------
Defects:
Slow 3

Bio:
----------------------
Equipment: 5 grenades
----------------------
HP: 45/50
Conditions: Sore legs
----------------------
Movement: 2.6m

----------------------
Weapons: M1911, Healing laser
Equipment: 2 grenades
----------------------
----------------------
Defects:
Below average hand-eye coordination
Colorblindness
Movement speed: 3.5m

those are the actual character sheets with grenades.

Sean, your sheet is their somewhere. there is no scrap falling near, because the helicopter was in the middle of flying away.

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Gonna protect them for 'Terminators'. -Le Troll Face-
Between, 2m ms because of getting heavy guns ?

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

Name: Tyler Moore
Bio:
Class: light assault
----------------------
Weapons: AK-47