ForumsPopular MediaNaruto

31 22705
Bones00799
Bones00799
49 posts
Scribe

I know a lot of individuals are probably sick and tired of seeing a Naruto topic in the forums, but in any case I'm curious on people's thoughts about the manga and the new show coming up. What do you think is going to happen in the manga? I think that to keep the show going the war will be in the new up coming show to keep it suspense. It's a drag to hear it, but it will make the viewers more excited and it might influence more younger viewers too. To keep this topic fun, if you had to be a character off of Naruto who would you be and why? Do you have a favorite ninjustu?

• 31 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

This thread scares me.

I really want to talk about it, but I'm only on Shippuden episode 54....And I'm watching it dubbed so I'll always be way behind the subbers..... This thread brought me happiness, and then sadness.

Dub? why? It feels kind of awkward watching it on dub after watching sub for a long time.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Well Manly, here's what you can look forward to up to the point that I stopped watching (somewhere in the mid 200s). Naruto actually becomes fairly awesome as a hero and likeable as a character. Sasuke continues to be a whiny, easily manipulated, pain in the butt. And episode after episode of flashbacks used as filler. Not flashbacks to things before the series either, although there is a lot of that too, I mean flashbacks to memorable Naruto moments. I've seen the end of the fight between Naruto and Sasuke when Sasuke runs off to Orochimaru's like 5 times even though I've only watched the episode once.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

actually it's a very legendary anime. I mean naruto is one of the icons of anime. And yes, I watch naruto frequently and used to read the manga, not so much anymore though

People must look at Naruto in a broad perspective, where you can see the strongest moves in Ninjutsu have Buddhist and Shintoist aspects. The series being part of this larger picture makes it magical, despite the flaws the anime makes.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

People must look at Naruto in a broad perspective, where you can see the strongest moves in Ninjutsu have Buddhist and Shintoist aspects. The series being part of this larger picture makes it magical, despite the flaws the anime makes.

Alright, but what I mean simply was, when you think of anime, even those who do not watch naruto, know naruto, whether it be the character or the show. basically the most mainstream anime there is. (not that being mainstream is bad)

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

even those who do not watch naruto, know naruto, whether it be the character or the show.

Usually they know Naruto as a laughing-stock and one of the most annoying anime characters there is. Naruto is one of the three most popular current animes but that's not saying much. Just about everyone knows what Honey Boo Boo and Keeping Up With The Kardashians is but that doesn't make them good shows.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Usually they know Naruto as a laughing-stock and one of the most annoying anime characters there is. Naruto is one of the three most popular current animes but that's not saying much. Just about everyone knows what Honey Boo Boo and Keeping Up With The Kardashians is but that doesn't make them good shows.

Well the difference lies there right? Naruto is a show worth watching, that is the reason why it's so popular. Those shows you mentioned are about celebrities who are only interesting to watch because they are either popular, or people enjoy other people looking incredibly stupid.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

or people enjoy other people looking incredibly stupid.

Naruto is best known as a ninja in a bright orange jumpsuit that doesn't use stealth and frequently shouts a catchphrase. I'm not saying he's as bad as Honey Boo Boo or the Kardashians, but neither Naruto nor his fans are in any position to comment on the intellect of other stars. Like I said, Naruto actually becomes pretty awesome in Shippuden. But his popularity is by no means a statement on the quality of the series.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Naruto is best known as a ninja in a bright orange jumpsuit that doesn't use stealth and frequently shouts a catchphrase. I'm not saying he's as bad as Honey Boo Boo or the Kardashians, but neither Naruto nor his fans are in any position to comment on the intellect of other stars. Like I said, Naruto actually becomes pretty awesome in Shippuden. But his popularity is by no means a statement on the quality of the series.

You are entitled to your opinion. The fact is, there are over 30 characters who's deep background is shown to the viewers. To me, that's what makes it a greater anime than most. Because of the in depth story line of every character, and how they are all connected.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Naruto is ded we must move on let the ded RIP in pieces

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Well the manga is dead, but there's still a movie coming out. THEN it's dead

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Well, It was fun while it lasted. Sobs to memories.

daydreamer01
daydreamer01
440 posts
Peasant

spoilers! naruto and hinata had a kid and now he has a manga

seriously

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Reminder that Naruto is the 9gag of Anime

daydreamer01